aaa Akai_S950 - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Akai_S950

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             15-Mar-07  @  05:26 PM   -   Akai_S950      [Link: Akai - S950]

draftblue

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi there, I have been searching for the operating system for the Akai S950 with no luck. I have tried the Akai website and they no longer provide a download, has anybody got any secret links or failing that if you are a S950 user can you possibly copy the OS? I'm an MPC user so I'm not entirely sure if the aforementioned is possible. Any feedback would be much apreciated. Thanks people.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             16-Mar-07  @  10:50 AM   -   RE: Akai_S950

k

Link?:  Link

well i've got an s950 here which boots from a floppy that came with it, but i never got time to use it so dunno how to copy the disk... Musineer (he's on the site from time to time) he'd know about all that, he knows the 950 well

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4             13-May-07  @  02:46 PM   -   RE: Akai_S950

Malcolm Jeffery

Link?: Link

Wierd i used an s950 for years never loaded os , just booted ready to go, its in it dosent load
off disk!

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 4/4             26-Jun-07  @  05:59 PM   -   RE: Akai_S950

Musineer Productions

Link?: Link

Sorry I missed this. Is it that long since I've looked at this thread?

I'm with MJ. The OS should be loaded. Just switch on.

If it isn't, apart from Akai, th'internet, and smaller music/electronic shops run by middle-aged folk I'm not sure how you'd get one. I've no idea how to dump the OS -- if you find out how and need someone to do it then let me know.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)