aaa VST Plugins - Compatibility & Info Help Please - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: VST Plugins - Compatibility & Info Help Please

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             05-May-07  @  01:48 PM   -   VST Plugins - Compatibility & Info Help Please

nme

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I need some advice please, seems I have a lot to learn having read some of the posts in the Tech forum which for me may aswell be in Japanese!

Not too long ago I started off with crappy magix software for a bit of fun got the bug & got sony acid pro, wasnt too impressed with it that much so went & got reason which is pretty awsome & Im beginning to get to grips with that but that has its limitations too. I also have Cubase which Im really looking forward to get to grips with next. Everything Im learning is either by online tutorials, (hate user manuals) Web sites & on sites like this one so I really am groping around in the dark somewhat.

First question, I remember reading somewhere that you cant use VST plugins with Reason, however Ive also heard conflicting info that you can! Which is it?

2 - Ive downloaded numerous instrument/synth etc... plugins as both Acid Pro & Cubase can use them & Im considering a purchase of either Ableton or Logic soon, so to use these plugins with each piece of software should I create 1 VST folder on my hard drive (divided into sub folders) that I can access through each piece of software or does each program need its own VST folder?
If so where do I save them to on my hardrive as Cubase can not see any of my saved plugins. Is it like Reason where the refills must be saved within the Reason folder in the program list?

I know Im sticking my head above the parapit here, (asking stoopid questions ) but any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks guys (or girls if there are any reading this post!)

Cheers

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             05-May-07  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: VST Plugins - Compatibility & Info Help Please

Moujik

Reason can't use VSTs... what you could do is run VSTs in Cubase etc and then also attach Reason using Rewire.

Most programs will let you point to a folder where your plug-ins are located (Ableton will definately do this). I don't use Cubase, so not exactly sure how it works in this regard.

Message 3/3             05-May-07  @  08:36 PM   -   RE: VST Plugins - Compatibility & Info Help Please

nme

Thanks Moujik that clarifies matters for me, much appreciated, cheers

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)