aaa omg, did you ever hear of this? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: omg, did you ever hear of this?

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/1             20-Jul-07  @  01:47 PM   -   omg, did you ever hear of this?

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

so i'm watching tv, it's late, i hear a bang followed by a loud 'bee-bee-bee-bee-bee-bee' etc

run into the room and look inside the beeping pc case and the cooler has fallen off!!

One of the plastic hooks which the cooler metal clip attaches to on the mobo baseplate just snapped off by itself and the cooler crashed to the bottom of the case, and this was a light 'stock' amd cooler - Not a cheap mobo, amd64, ASUS AM2 board

w-hat!

anyways, decided to replace the cpu with something faster cos it needed it anyways, so went uptown to get one and couldnt get a new plastic or whatever material replacement motherboard base-plate, and no-one had any other coolers which came with an alterative replacement baseplate. All the available coolers needed the hook clip on the stock plastic baseplate, even the whole zalman range

damn!... but one tech in a shop i use showed me a good trick...

he passed medium size plastic cable ties thru the gaps in the sides of the mobo plastic baseplate; 4 ties in total - 2 each side - then he passed those ties thru the slots in the metal clip section on the new cooler, then pulled the cooler down tight onto the cpu using the cable ties anchored to the baseplate

worked a treat!.. it was so obvious i dunno why i didnt think of it, but there you go anyways, one for the emergency box

anyways thinking about it, it might be an idea to add the ties anyways at build time as an added security measure, especialy if using a heavy 3rd party heatsink

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 1 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot