aaa Racking the 'puter - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Racking the 'puter

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             01-Sep-07  @  10:17 PM     Edit: 27-Mar-09  |  01:12 PM   -   Racking the 'puter

nutoniom

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

I'm thinking about rack mounting my pc, will most rackmount server accept my stuff ? Or is
this stuff all arcane and shit ? I have a small intel board.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             02-Sep-07  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: Racking the 'puter

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

ok,.... depends

1. many racks are designed to be shallow in height to maximise rack space, and cannot use silent coolers cos they aren't tall enuff inside... noise isnt an issue in a server room so they might not be tall enuff inside

2. rack server power-supplies.... usualy hot-swappable but not designed for noise and the special rear case mounting slots for swappable p/s's isnt able to accept a standard p/s unit

so it maybe you have to buy a specialy dedicated 'media pc' rack which costs more but will allow use of a tall cooler and quiet p/s

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             03-Sep-07  @  03:41 AM     Edit: 27-Mar-09  |  01:14 PM   -   RE: Racking the 'puter

nutoniom

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

mmm, se your point with the noise. Those seem interesting

rackmount pc
cases

probably expensive tho

Message 4/5             03-Sep-07  @  09:08 AM   -   RE: Racking the 'puter

k

yes they are, and those arent even 'proper' server rack cases. anyways they are a few hundred...

This seems more like it price wise - 69 QUID! you gotta add rails kit (25 quid) and get a quiet psu obviously - it seems to come with 9 X 5.25" bays and you can get an optional 3.5" h/d bays kit but you could sled mount the h/d's & not bother with the hotswap 3.5 bay kit cos it's not like you're gonna want to hotswap anyways... sled kits are a few quid each (a sled kit is 2 x simple brass adapter bracket)

http://www.xcase.co.uk/p/318428/compucase-s-506---5u-rackmountable-server-case.html

more details - different site

http://www.hec-group.com.tw/model.php?category=ipccase&sub_category=server_case&model=s506

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/5             03-Sep-07  @  09:10 AM   -   RE: Racking the 'puter

k

btw, i dont know how a rack like that using rails would work in a typical musicans rack cos it uses rails not a front bolt mount like rack music gear... you'd have to check that out anyways for these sort of cases.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot