aaa How Do You Tell What Version Yamaha A3000 You Have? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: How Do You Tell What Version Yamaha A3000 You Have?

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             25-Sep-07  @  04:38 PM     Edit: 25-Sep-07  |  04:48 PM   -   How Do You Tell What Version Yamaha A3000 You Have

badsign

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've found some info in a Sound on Sound article for a feature to look for that will be absent if I've got the V1, but is there a simple way to check? The system pages don't seem to have this info for some reason.

ez

edit:

Saw this on Harmony Central:

"The new A3000 with the Version 2.0 Operating System features full 64-note polyphony, 16-part multitimbral, three effect blocks (54 effect types), 4-band total EQ, four analog outputs and expandability to 128 MB of sampling RAM. The unit will have a suggested retail price of $1,995 and is currently shipping."

I upgraded the RAM on this thing as soon as I got it, to 128MB and it's reading it all. Would think I can assume that I've got the V2 OS installed but not 100% sure as I can't find details on what the V1 RAM limit is.

From Sound on Sound:

"An overdue addition, and something that really should have been included in Version 1, is an input level meter on both the Recording-Standby and Recording-in-Progress pages. There's also a new Map function that will automatically map a series of recorded samples across a keyboard or place them into a bank."

I'll have to check that when I get home.

Any other ideas how to check?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             25-Sep-07  @  04:55 PM   -   RE: How Do You Tell What Version Yamaha A3000 You

badsign

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

OK answered my own post. For those of you that stumble onto this, see this link:

http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/english/synth/A3000V2E.pdf

That's the V2 upgrade guide for the A3000. It tells you the new features so you can go to any number of screens and see if those features exist or not. If they don't, you're pre-V2. If they do exist, you're V2.

thx.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot