aaa Jomox Xbase09 song write mode... - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Jomox Xbase09 song write mode...

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             22-Nov-07  @  07:24 PM   -   Jomox Xbase09 song write mode...

dkingnxn

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi everybody, this is my first post here. I bought a second hand Jomox Xbase09 two weeks ago. It's fantastic and very easy to use despite all the tricks you need to know to create your patterns and give them the right sound. Easy to use??? er... actually there is something i haven't been able to do and it's chain a few patterns together to create a song. I have followed all the steps of the manual (it sounds so easy there), but i can't succeed. I don't know what i am mistaking here. Would anyone here who has the same machine try to explain (in other words, not the manual ones pls) what exactly i need to do?

Apparently there is no song on my machine at the moment, but when i'm on play mode (song) a pattern starts and runs only once and then stops. The same pattern plays every song i try to play. I tried to shift/clear all the songs, one by one, but when i play that pattern goes.... Is that normal?

Please help if you know the trick.

Thank you

d

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             24-Nov-07  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: Jomox Xbase09 song write mode...

nutoniom

Link?: Link

I'll check it out this week-end, can't remember what it is, but there is a simple twist that is not so evident in the manual.

stay tuned

Message 3/9             24-Nov-07  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: Jomox Xbase09 song write mode...

dkingnxn

Thank you for that. I'll be here waiting

Message 4/9             24-Nov-07  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: Jomox Xbase09 song write mode...

k

Link?:  Link

e one nutoniom

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/9             25-Nov-07  @  03:16 AM   -   RE: Jomox Xbase09 song write mode...

nutoniom

Ah ! Now I remember !! The thing is you MUST save each song step after editing them. It's exactly how it's described in the manual, execpt they should have explained Store song Step (7.2.5) Before explaining Song End (7.2.4.). I remember going nuts on this back then, I just hadn't read 'till that point. hope that helps

Message 6/9             25-Nov-07  @  12:05 PM   -   RE: Jomox Xbase09 song write mode...

dkingnxn

That's great, i'll give it a try and i'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks a lot

Message 7/9             25-Nov-07  @  01:28 PM   -   RE: Jomox Xbase09 song write mode...

dkingnxn

It seems to be working now but i have noticed i need to play the song once (after chaining my poatters) when i'm still in write mode, otherwise the machine loses it. Don't know if this is a bug or what, but at least now it seems like i can chain the patterns. Thanks nutoniom, you're star!!

Message 8/9             25-Nov-07  @  02:08 PM   -   RE: Jomox Xbase09 song write mode...

nutoniom

haven't noticed you had to play the song once in order to retain, will have to check, but then , not much of a problem since you will want to hear how it goes anyway. Maybe it needs to initialise or something, dunno. The manual doesn't say anything about it.

Glad I could help.

Now enjoy this amazing piece of gear (they will have to surgically remove it from my dead fingers...)

Message 9/9             25-Nov-07  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: Jomox Xbase09 song write mode...

dkingnxn

tell me about it, i have been playing it every day for hours since i bought it, it's becoming part of my body lol

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot