aaa JP-8000 Operating System SMF - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: JP-8000 Operating System SMF

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             26-Jan-08  @  05:08 PM   -   JP-8000 Operating System SMF

NorthN

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Im trying to install the JP-8000 Operating System using the Roland UpdSMF.exe utility but the SMF file _00005.mid which is part of the JP800015.zip file Roland has on their web site for download seems to be corrupt.

The UpdSMF.exe utility will not scan file _00005.mid, all the other SMF file are scanned correctly and when they are sent to my JP i get the correct checksum. I need this file to complete the OS installation. I downloaded the file several time but I get the same problem.

I tried to use Cubase SX 2.0 to send the SMF files but I get an incorrect checksum on all files I send to the JP-8000.

Someone has to have this file, please Help my JP is useless if I dont find this file

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             28-Jan-08  @  04:08 AM   -   RE: JP-8000 Operating System SMF

k

Link?:  Link

this was on cakewalk forums, does it relate? - you say your rogue file is called: _00005.mid

they are talking about an issue with a file they call: the ._ midi files

anyways, i think you'd best tell roland and they should sort it out

here's the forum bit:

chipstar -> RE: Roland VG-99 It's here!! First Impressions!! (1/10/2008 2:36:36 PM)

Hey Guys,
You may want to hold off on that download for a few days. I've found a flaw with the files. So I gave them a call and they confirmed an issue. Now they've got to research the problem and they will email me as soon as they re-upload the files. Fortunately, I found the problem before I did the MIDI update with the updsmf.exe. Just a FYI for you. I'll keep you posted.

later,
Chipstar

-----------------------------------

chipstar -> RE: Roland VG-99 It's here!! First Impressions!! (1/14/2008 5:40:42 PM)

The problem was due to some hidden files that were created by zipping the update files on a Mac. Just delete the ._ midi files and run the updsmf.exe and you will be all good.

later,
Chipstar

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4             28-Jan-08  @  07:28 PM   -   RE: JP-8000 Operating System SMF

NorthN

Link?:  No link

"Just delete the ._ midi files and run the updsmf.exe and you will be all good."
I think this refer to a different issue, ill try renaming the _00005.mid file and check. But all other SMF files start with _0000 and they are correctly scanned by the updsmf.exe tool.

I reported the issue to Roland via email and this is what they answered;

I will let our internet team know of this problem. We will hopefully
get this problem taken care of in the very near future.
I hope that this helps answer your request. If you need more assistance
in this matter, please either re-submit your support request or
contact our Product Support Department at the appropriate number:

Digital Recorders and Mixers: 323-890-3741
Guitar/Percussion Products: 323-890-3743
Pianos, Organs, Arrangers: 323-890-3744
Synths/Sound Modules/Groove Products: 323-890-3745
Product Support Main: 323-890-3740

Sincerely,
Roland Product Support

Ill have to wait and cross my fingers i guess...
thanks for your response K !

Message 4/4             28-Jan-08  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: JP-8000 Operating System SMF

k

Link?:  Link

Nice one! - hope it all works out ok

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)