aaa Roland_TB303 sync with doepfer msy2 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

24-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Roland_TB303 sync with doepfer msy2

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             27-Feb-08  @  08:16 PM   -   Roland_TB303 sync with doepfer msy2      [Link: Roland - TB303]

pottsq

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I would be really interesteed to hear from anyone who knows anything about the sync of a tb 303 to the sequencer of cubase.

I recently purchased a doepfer msy2. I have the midi out from my computer running cubase going into the midi in on the msy2, then the din sync lead (all five pins connected) connected from the msy2 to the th-303 sync in. I think this is correct, right?

The problem is, is that when i press play on cubase, the light does go red on the doepfer msy2 's start/stop LED (and turns off again when i press stop on cubase). But what happens on my 303 is the opposite. The run/stop LED turns off when the sequencer is started on cubase and on when i stop it..

Has anyone else experienced this problem???

It is a brand new msy2 and din sync lead so i don't think the problem is there?

Do you think the sync on the tb-303 could be wired wrong?

and would re-wiring the din sync stop/start lead could fix it?

Please help

Tom.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             01-Mar-08  @  01:50 PM   -   RE: Roland_TB303 sync with doepfer msy2

mussi81

Link?:  No link

hi mate

im having the same problem, cant sync my 303 with msy2 or novation drumstation but my 303 does work with tr606

on my msy2 all that happens is the clock ligh lights up but the start stop does not. the only thing my 303 does is play one note when i turn it on (when its plugged into the msy2)

im going mad

Message 3/3             01-Mar-08  @  03:34 PM   -   RE: Roland_TB303 sync with doepfer msy2

k

Link?:  Link

sounds like the start/stop polarity is back to front - did you try flipping the number 6 dipswitch? (this reverses the start/stop polarity)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)