aaa hmm.. the Apogee Duet can function as a midi controller!... - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: hmm.. the Apogee Duet can function as a midi controller!...

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             29-Jan-09  @  12:27 PM   -   hmm.. the Apogee Duet can function as a midi controller!...

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I finaly got the Duet unboxed and wired up yesterday and the central controller alpha wheel it turns out, can function as a midi controller. You can assign up to 4 midi controllers to the wheel via the Duet control applet s/w. As you enable each of the 4 it defaults to midi cc7 volume control, but you can assign any cc or assign each of the 4 midi slots to a song position in bars

interesting. it's not a proper fully featured controller of course in any way, but kinda handy as a bonus.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             01-Feb-09  @  07:40 AM   -   RE: hmm.. the Apogee Duet can function as a midi c

buggo

Link?:  No link

totally off-topic, but since the search engine is a little wonky and I can't seem to find any of your tracks:

K: i think the last thing I heard from you was this demo you did with the Supernova yeeeears ago. (that was yours, right??)

i've gotten so much of what I know out of your articles and posts over the years, I'm damn curious to hear what it is you actually make when you're not fielding questions from rookies.

Can I gettit?

Message 3/3             02-Feb-09  @  12:08 PM   -   RE: hmm.. the Apogee Duet can function as a midi controller!...

k

Link?: Link

just click my forum name or avatar next to any post I've made and it'll open my page with my tracks on it.

They are all pretty old tho except for a dub i added which was done 1.5 years ago approx with another musician playing flute and adding some keyboard parts - It's unfinished but still a decent track... needs speeding up by about 4-5 bpm plus some other bits need tweaking such as the drum rolls between sections are all the same and needs variations adding... all that finishing off stuff y'know!

the duet review is almost done btw, damned good device i must say for the money! the 4 midi controller allow you to control say channel faders/volume, channel-pan, and one other controller allocated as your smart controller for adjusting selected synth and mixer parameter

also that leaves one midi slot free which, when apple fix it in Logic, will allow you to use midi slot 4 on the Duet as a time-line scroller, to wizz up and down your arrangement i n time

kewl!... and really nice smooth pre-amps of course!

here's a direct link to the dub track

http://www.7161.com/css_track.cfm?track__dt_track_id=10955&user=5492&1

blasted www is low in uk today cos of the snow i spose. everyones at home online & not at work, lol

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot