aaa Roland E-15 Synthesizer problem - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Roland E-15 Synthesizer problem

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             22-Aug-10  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: Roland E-15 Synthesizer problem

TonyBurke78

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi fellow musicians,
This is my first post.
I'm sure my experience here will be a pleasant one.
I've had this Roland E-15 Intelligent synth for several years and its always been super reliable. It's been sitting idle for about 3 years, I'm a guitarist mainly. Switched it on last week, heard a lot of crackling but no audio from the right hand channel. Checked with headphones, same result.
Anyone had a similar experience with this particular model?
Cheers
Tony
Sydney, Australia.
email: tonyburke78@gmail.com

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             22-Aug-10  @  11:26 PM   -   RE: Roland E-15 Synthesizer problem

admin

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hi Tony,

The output sockets and also the volume slider should be cleaned using switchcleaner, NOT wd40 btw

The output sockets (assuming they are 1/4" jack sockets) can be cleaned using a burnishing tool which is very cheap from a electronics component type stores.

basicaly the burnishing tool is a solid steel 1/4" jack plug with a very fine abrasive coating on the plug shaft. You spray some cleaner on the shaft/pin of the plug, insert it into the socket and just rotate it and plug it in and out repeatedly & it burnishes the contact surfaces inside the socket. Finaly clean out the socket with some q-tips with cleaner sprayed on (or isopropyl alchohol), and finaly dry q-tips to remove any leftover crap.

however, maybe first check it's not your leads or a dodgy socket before going to all that hassle.

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)