aaa Logic Pro For Beginners - Chapter-4 - [video] - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Logic Pro For Beginners - Chapter-4 - [video]

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14             24-Feb-12  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: Logic Pro For Beginners - Chapter-4 - [video]

gunnar.nyd

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi
In the chapter on how to use the hyper draw you use the command : command - Y to cycle through the different hyper set´s. Then i try to do this the screen just blinks one time and nothing happens. If this short command is not a default command ther do you find it in the list of short commands? i have tried to find it but not succeded.
Im using the latest version of Logic 9 downloaded from Appstore

Best regards

Gunnar

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             25-Feb-12  @  04:07 PM   -   RE: Logic Pro For Beginners - Chapter-4 - [video]

k

Link?: Link

it's just Y, not command-y

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/14             26-Feb-12  @  10:11 AM   -   RE: Logic Pro For Beginners - Chapter-4 - [video]

gunnar.nyd

Pressing Y just switch the hyper editor on and of. I want to know how
you cycle throw the different hyper sets in a region. 

Message 4/14             26-Feb-12  @  11:45 AM   -   RE: Logic Pro For Beginners - Chapter-4 - [video]

k

if there is no hyper-edit data (controllers) in the region you are editing, then when you press "Y" it will only open and close hyperedit.

If you have some controller data in the region, then pressing "Y" opens hyperedit, then cycles round any controllers in the region, then closes hyperedit

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/14             26-Feb-12  @  12:48 PM   -   RE: Logic Pro For Beginners - Chapter-4 - [video]

gunnar.nyd

Well i have 3 different hyper edits : velocity, volyme and modulation. 
Pressing the Y-key only opends and closes the hyper editor .
I want to be able to cycle through the diffrent hyper sets in the piano roll just as it is shown in the video. 

Message 6/14             26-Feb-12  @  02:12 PM   -   RE: Logic Pro For Beginners - Chapter-4 - [video]

k

sorry my mistake

in arrange, if you press Y only, (not command-y) it opens hyper-EDIT below, which is a lane-based controller and drum editor.

Hyper-DRAW is different - Hyper-draw is opened & cycled around with command-y as you said

But you need to first open piano edit. THEN use command-y to open Hyper-DRAW, and cycle around any controllers in that region you are editing in piano-edit.

You must open piano-edit first

sorry, my mistake

Message 7/14             26-Feb-12  @  02:25 PM   -   RE: Logic Pro For Beginners - Chapter-4 - [video]

gunnar.nyd

Tried what to but the only thing that´s happens is that the screen blinks once .
Since it is not working for me i wonder if i can make my own short command using the list in preferences. I have tried to find it in the list but havent found it. Do you know where in the list i can find it ? 

Message 8/14             26-Feb-12  @  10:12 PM   -   RE: Logic Pro For Beginners - Chapter-4 - [video]

k

you need i think to search for "autodefine" in key commands, thats the name of the command, and should be associated with piano-edit in the list obviously. 

Message 9/14             27-Feb-12  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: Logic Pro For Beginners - Chapter-4 - [video]

gunnar.nyd

Tried to search for : piano edit, auto define and piano roll.
Logic finds nothing when i use the mentioned search words .

Got any more suggestions ? 

Message 10/14             27-Feb-12  @  12:37 PM     Edit: 27-Feb-12  |  12:37 PM   -   RE: Logic Pro For Beginners - Chapter-4 - [video]

k

search for "autodefine" (all one word)

it appears in my Logic key-commands list as:

Various Windows

Hyper Draw: autodefine 

----------

If you dont have it in the listings when you search, then simply initialise your logic key-commands

to do that:

choose the top-left drop-down menu in the key-commands panel: OPTIONS

Choose: initialise all key commands 

note: initialising all key commands, will delete any custom key commands you might have created.

Message 11/14             28-Feb-12  @  02:39 AM     Edit: 28-Feb-12  |  02:57 AM   -   RE: Logic Pro For Beginners - Chapter-4 - [video]

gunnar.nyd

Wow. finally it works !

Thanks a lot

Gunnar 

Message 12/14             28-Feb-12  @  10:57 AM   -   RE: Logic Pro For Beginners - Chapter-4 - [video]

k

yay!!!! excellent! 

Message 13/14             11-Oct-12  @  01:48 AM   -   RE: Logic Pro For Beginners - Chapter-4 - [video]

kevinjpickett

This solution helped me too, thanks very much!

For some reason on Logic Pro 9 (well my version anyway), Command Y was not bound to this function. Compounding these difficulties, searching Key Commands for 'autodefine' yields no results so you have to manually browse through the 'Various Windows' commands to locate it and bind it to Command Y.

Thanks again, k 

Message 14/14             13-Oct-12  @  03:18 AM   -   RE: Logic Pro For Beginners - Chapter-4 - [video]

k

no worries... that's wierd anyways how yours ins't the same default as mine.

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot