aaa midi recording - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: midi recording

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             14-Dec-15  @  05:03 PM   -   RE: midi recording

shannon8652

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi, I have FL studio, and want to use it to record my guitar playing, but I don't want to buy a usb interface. Would a 1/4 inch to usb cord (usb at one end, 1/4 inch at the other) work for this purpose? I don't care if the audio is amazing, I just don't want all the crackling and wavering volume/ quality that the mic input gives me. Btw, if it would work, could I run it through effects before it gets to the pc (as in guitar into amplifier- distortion on- and then amp into pc via the 1/4 inch to usb?) Thanks for any help.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             15-Dec-15  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: midi recording

admin

shannon8652@gmail.com wrote:

Hi, I have FL studio, and want to use it to record my guitar playing, but I dont want to buy a usb interface. Would a 1/4 inch to usb cord (usb at one end, 1/4 inch at the other) work for this purpose?

lol, no you cant do that  

buy an audio interface. they arent expensive, you can get very cheap ones.

or at worst buy a cheap computer mic and plug it into your computer's audio input 

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 3/3             11-Feb-16  @  12:50 PM   -   RE: midi recording

shannon8652

Actually, I just went ahead and tried it, after I bought the cable for Guitar Rig 5, and it actually does work. The recording on fl studio is good, but the distortion effects that it came with are awful. However, If you just want to record an acoustic guitar, piano, etc. it's got suprisingly amazing results. Thanks for the opinion though. 

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot