aaa GarageBand and Boss br-1600 questions? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: GarageBand and Boss br-1600 questions?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             11-Mar-20  @  07:50 AM   -   RE: GarageBand and Boss br-1600 questions?

scottsphoto2

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

P L E A S E H E L P ! - I have some newbee questions concerning interface for GarageBand.
FIRST >>> Can I use my old BOSS BR1600 recorder as my interface for GB? -- If so, how do I connect it? (like what settings should I chose on the board so that GarageBand records but instruments plug in thru the BOSS?)

Like what about all the controls on the boss? What do I set all of that to? Sorry newbee questions!

NEXT>>> IF the BOSS can NOT be used, can I use my Yamaha MG10xu mixing board as it does have usb? - If the answer is yes, HOW?(like what settings should I chose on the board?) Would I be connecting headphones to my MAC or to the board?

NEXT >>> If I can use either of them can I use my M-Audio BX8 powered monitors instead of headphones?

NEXT>>> What do I chose in GB as my audio monitoring source to enable me to listen through the monitors?

I will love you forever if you will reply and answer these questions so that I can start recording with GB! Thx!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             21-Mar-20  @  09:11 AM   -   RE: GarageBand and Boss br-1600 questions?

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

You basically need to get an audio interface with at least 2 LINE inputs, so something like the Presonus audiobox usb96 - then you can plug either your boss or mixer stereo L/R OUT IN to your computer.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot