aaa This place is a ghost town - Guitars & amps forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Guitars & amps

Subject: This place is a ghost town

Pages: 1

Original Message 1/10             21-Jan-05  @  01:48 PM   -   This place is a ghost town

craig

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

How about some family photos  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             24-Jan-05  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: This place is a ghost town

craig

Nobody?!?

Message 3/10             24-Jan-05  @  11:29 PM   -   RE: This place is a ghost town

k

Link?:  Link

7 string eh! - i was surprised to day to see Epiphone make a 7 string les paul (not that i keep up with these thinsg but odd anyways)

I have a 6 string RG btw  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/10             25-Jan-05  @  02:03 PM   -   RE: This place is a ghost town

craig

I got that 7-string about four months ago maybe, and it became my favorite pretty much instantly. It's just so easy to play and has a nice hard rock sound to it. Lately though I've been really into the dark blue Strat with the EMGs, and the light blue Strat been getting some mileage as I've been jamming with some older cats on some 60's rock just for the fun of playing.

Guitars are fun  

Message 5/10             26-Jan-05  @  01:45 PM   -   RE: This place is a ghost town

k

did you fit that bridge then to the d.blue strat? or is it one of those 'metal' strats they released with a flat fretboard (cant remember what they looked like)

what is it, a Floyd?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/10             26-Jan-05  @  02:19 PM   -   RE: This place is a ghost town

craig

It's actually a Squier Stagemaster. It came that way - Floyd Rose and hum-single-single. You know, those Squiers are really built like shit, but every once in a while you come across one that's bolted together really well. This one was - I found it in a music store when I stopped in on my lunch hour, and bought it the next day. I think it was only like $250 too. I had a set of EMGs (85-SA-SA) put in and for like $400 I have a killer guitar. Sounds and plays great.

Message 7/10             26-Jan-05  @  05:46 PM   -   RE: This place is a ghost town

k

is it a Jap Squire?... they are very good, better than Fender's usualy

Message 8/10             27-Jan-05  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: This place is a ghost town

craig

Yeah, it's Japanese made. Over here at least, you usually have to look for a decent one. They are built pretty good sometimes, but quality control is horrendous.

Message 9/10             27-Jan-05  @  11:08 PM   -   RE: This place is a ghost town

k

mine rocks ! - except y'know what fender strat bridges are like (beak strings easy & crap trem for tuning slips) otherwise it's great, it's fitted with a PAF at the bridge and a volume pot, and that's it ;)

Message 10/10             28-Jan-05  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: This place is a ghost town

craig

Yup. You should try those graph-tech saddles. I bought a set for the light blue taco-strat but they sent the ones for the American bridges so I gotta wait. Nice thick flat saddles like on the old Strat Plus, and they're graphite and supposedly cut down on strings breaking by a lot.

Pages: 1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot