aaa i want to automate CC DATA - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: i want to automate CC DATA

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/28             29-May-04  @  11:33 PM   -   i want to automate CC DATA

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Okay- i really need a simple answer and not "rftm" please. I am trying to DRAW in CC data in the arrangement window. I DO NOT want to use my knobs. I want to draw them in with a smooth LINE tool, not pencil.

SPECIFICALLY I want to automate the cutoffs of my virus and nova which are 40 and 105.

I HAVE looked through the manual and can't find shit. Please, if someone has been able to find out how to do this, let me know. If there is no feasible way to automate parameters smoothly than we'll all rest and know that cubase sucks monkey dick.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/28             30-May-04  @  09:49 AM   -   RE: i want to automate CC DATA

beds

Link?:  Link

rtfm

Message 3/28             30-May-04  @  12:18 PM   -   RE: i want to automate CC DATA

k

Link?:  No link

in what proggy - VST or SX? - SX has a choice of curves if I remember right - selectable sine-wave style curves.

Message 4/28             30-May-04  @  12:19 PM   -   RE: i want to automate CC DATA

k

or is that logic (never use these curves myself)

Message 5/28             30-May-04  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: i want to automate CC DATA

Broken Silence

Hey K- I'm using SX 2.0

Message 6/28             31-May-04  @  02:11 AM   -   RE: i want to automate CC DATA

Influx

you want a smooth line?

right click and look at the tools available. one of them is a LINE.

select the controller number you want...then use that line tool

also though...if you do end up ever drawing stuff in with pencil, if you want smooth fades or whatever, remember to set the quantize resolution higher...say 128th notes, so you can get smoother points when you use the pencil

or try setting it to like 1/2notes for some cool blocky tempo synced stuff.

oh, and...its definitely in the manual 

Message 7/28             31-May-04  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: i want to automate CC DATA

K

Well, if you check the line tool, it has an arrow and unde rit is parabola, sone, saw, square etc, but once you let go, they go all to shit it seems, regardless of how you set quantise etc  

or am I missing something? (it's not my regular sequencer)

Message 8/28             01-Jun-04  @  12:26 AM   -   RE: i want to automate CC DATA

sox

Link?:  Link

If your having trouble drawing, try holding down the ALT key while using the tool...

sox

Message 9/28             01-Jun-04  @  08:25 AM   -   RE: i want to automate CC DATA

k

doesn't make any difference for me

Message 10/28             01-Jun-04  @  05:52 PM     Edit: 01-Jun-04  |  06:06 PM   -   RE: i want to automate CC DATA

digital rust

if i understand the original question correctly, i thought that you can't draw in cc
automation in the arrange window though. just the key edit window.

and for the sine, parabol, etc. to work check pg. 553 in the operational manual.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot