aaa digital signal into Logic 5.5 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: digital signal into Logic 5.5

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/16             10-May-05  @  12:36 PM   -   digital signal into Logic 5.5

Dominic

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Anyone know how to get Logic 5.5 to accept and record a digital signal via a delta 410 soundcard. I can set the delta control panel to accept the signal and I can monitor it. However, I can't get the digital signal into Logic Audio Track One and as a result can't record it. I think I've checked all the relevant boxes in the Logic audio hardware settings but I obvoiusly haven't cos it won't route into Logic? Please………………...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             10-May-05  @  01:15 PM     Edit: 10-May-05  |  01:18 PM   -   RE: digital signal into Logic 5.5

k

Link?:  Link

you want to select ASIO Delta for the driver in the ASIO slot on panel2 in 'audio hardware & drivers' page of logic

the delta driver should present all available inputs on logic's track mixer for input selection

so input 1/2, 3/4 - and the s/pdif should be the last pair.

( take 2   )

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/16             10-May-05  @  01:54 PM   -   RE: digital signal into Logic 5.5

Dominic

Thanks K, that's great. I'll try that tonight when I get in. I posted this question on 5 boards and DT was the only one where I got an answer.

.......but I'll probably mess it up and have to ask again.

Message 4/16             10-May-05  @  08:31 PM   -   RE: digital signal into Logic 5.5

k

no doubt

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/16             11-May-05  @  10:20 AM   -   RE: digital signal into Logic 5.5

Dominic

Hooray!!!!!! It worked. Thanks K. Wow what a difference!!!!! My mixes actually sound PHAT now. Well phatter than they did do. Which isn't hard.

DISCLAIMER:- I promise I will try both methods at the weekend and use my ears but:-

K - my Mixmaster has a 24/16 bit switch at the back. Would you:-

1. record at 24 bit through the focusrite, into Logic via a digital lead and dither down to 16 bit in Logic?

Or

2. record at 24 bit through the focusrite, into Wavelab audio editor and dither down in that (because of its superior dithering algorithms)?

Or

3. record at 16 bit through the focusrite into Logic or a wave editor?

Message 6/16             11-May-05  @  01:11 PM   -   RE: digital signal into Logic 5.5

beds

Link?: Link

dither right before you go to cd

Message 7/16             11-May-05  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: digital signal into Logic 5.5

k

yeah, if you feel it's worth it, use 24/96 in Logic all the way if the pc mix can take it, and dither at the end as Beds says

Message 8/16             12-May-05  @  12:50 PM   -   RE: digital signal into Logic 5.5

Dominic

That's great chaps - thanks again for all the (digital) input!

Message 9/16             12-May-05  @  02:02 PM   -   RE: digital signal into Logic 5.5

k

hur hur

Message 10/16             12-May-05  @  02:03 PM   -   RE: digital signal into Logic 5.5

beds

Link?: Link

terrible

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot