aaa Can anyone suggest a good card? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Can anyone suggest a good card?

Pages: 1

Original Message 1/3             23-May-04  @  11:52 PM   -   Can anyone suggest a good card?

Neil

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Can anyone please help?

I've just bought a PC for using with Cubase 5 / VST 32 and now I need a decent soundcard.

It needs to have around 4 stereo inputs and a MIDI in and out port. I also need minimal latency when inputting MIDI information from my keyboard. The output will then be sent to a pair of Absolute 2 monitors, but I'm not sure if any soundcard outputs are already amplified or if I'd have to go through an amplifier first.

It doesn't matter if it's a USB or PCI card.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil.

n.millican@millican01.freeserve.co.uk

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             24-May-04  @  11:13 AM   -   RE: Can anyone suggest a good card?

k

Link?:  No link

well, pci card would be best - my favourite as everyone knows is the ST-Audio C-Port system which at 260 quid-ish is very good value... that's my tip - balanced XLR outs for your monitoring (+ 8 line outs too) 8 x IN and 2 midi OUT ports + 1 x midi IN

yes you'd need an amp to power the speakers unless you got powered speakers.

Message 3/3             16-Jun-04  @  07:34 AM   -   RE: Can anyone suggest a good card?

lucidskies

Link?:  Link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&item=3730810754&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

Check that out.^ The M-Audio Delta 1010 is a great piec e of gear, 8x8 analog I/O and a
1x1 MIDI I/O. Truely a great card. I just need the cash to pay bills...let me know if you
are interested or just bid.
Also if you have any questions about the card e-mail me at lucidskies@mac.com.
Good luck.
-Mike

Pages: 1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)