aaa Logic & E-mu 1820m - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Logic & E-mu 1820m

Pages: 1

Original Message 1/3             20-May-06  @  11:08 AM   -   Logic & E-mu 1820m

PJ

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi everyone.
I Have just joined this amazing site.
I read the review on the E-MU 1820m and have to say that the part 1 video was great.
I rushed out and got the card
I was wondering if part 2 of the video had been finished as I can't seem to see it any where on the site.
I have a simple set up :
Win xp pro
logic 5.5
Emu 1820m / Neumann U87 mic / Keystaion 49 midi contrller and the Alesis actives mk2 monitors
I use VSTI's
I would be really greatful if anyone could tell me where I can get any logic environments along with patchmix dsp session set up files so the two work in harmony for my lil setup.
Kind regards

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             20-May-06  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: Logic & E-mu 1820m

k

Link?:  Link

hi and welcome to the site bro' - Nice setup with the Neumann!

Firstly you don't need any environment files or anything - simply setup the 1820m as you would for any asio card assigning the driver in the 'audio card 2' tab ASIO slot

working the patchmix for logic is another matter, depends how you want it to work. using VSTi's, mostly I use just a single stereo out and stereo in and thats all I need... but of course you can configure it for multi IN & OUT on all 8 channels.

Yes, part-2 we never did, however, i will do it soon as, looking around the www, it's such a common question.... on so many forums there is endless questions on this especialy with the product range including so many options in price range the e-mu product has a large userbase, and they all use the patchmix s/w... Therefore it'd be good to make a definitive video for using patchmix.

To that end i've already tested it for using insert outboard fx such as compressors, the methodology for which will be included in the video.

Will do it very soon ok, I promise... meanwhile, i can upload my Logic patchmix setups for you if you like.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             20-May-06  @  01:43 PM   -   RE: Logic & E-mu 1820m

PJ

Link?:  No link

Hi K
Thank you for your response. I had heard that you are the man. Your a wealth of information.
The logic files are well appreciated, thank you.
That Patchmix dsp got me. I tried various ways of configuring it but logic was'nt haveing it.
By the way that video you did was fantastic I can't wait for the next installment.
Once again thank you
Kind regards

Pages: 1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot