aaa m-audio 1010 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: m-audio 1010

Pages: 1

Original Message 1/3             25-Dec-12  @  11:59 PM     Edit: 26-Dec-12  |  08:35 AM   -   RE: m-audio 1010

saz

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I found a second hand m-audio 1010 (not the LT) for ~150 GBP 

Since I am building a new music PC it looks like a great replacement from my m-audio 2496.

But I have not followed the latest audio cards out there the last years so I am looking for input. Is there anything similar to the 1010 I should be looking into instead? From a quick look on the various online shops there seems to be nothing with as many I/Os in this price range. Is the latency on PCIe or firewire cards worth paying extra?

Are there any issues with drivers on the 1010 since it is not produced anymore?
Since 1010lt is same price new, any reasons anyone would prefer it over the 1010?

In case it matters, I tend to mix soft synths, audio and real synths. Til now I have been recording parts from hardware synths one by one but with a multi-input interface I might as well do the mix dynamically and only commit to audio at the very end.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             26-Dec-12  @  12:07 PM   -   RE: m-audio 1010

k

Link?: Link

great interfaces. As for drivers, check the m-audio site for driver your operating system.

150 i think is a bit too much to pay, but maybe they hold value very well. so, check the going rate on ebay and gumtree etc

a super bargain alternative is the esi esp1010 they do a pcie version and pci. they are VERY good.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             26-Dec-12  @  05:30 PM     Edit: 26-Dec-12  |  05:30 PM   -   RE: m-audio 1010

saz

Link?:  No link

A quick search on online shops and it seems esp1010 is also not in production (shame as it does look awesome with PCIe connectivity, phantom power and the likes).
What ever happened to multi-in-out cards????? 

so I went for the second hand m-audio 

thanks for the input k!

Pages: 1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot