aaa Logic vs. Echo Indigo IO - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Logic vs. Echo Indigo IO

Pages: 1

Original Message 1/4             12-Apr-04  @  11:08 AM   -   Logic vs. Echo Indigo IO

dance

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

hi,
I have a new laptop running winXP, Logic and some audio editing software. I recently bought the echo indigo io and it is doing nice.
I do have one big problem. This card is supposed to be multiclient and it is untill I start up Logic. Once logic launched I have no more audiostreams, logic takes them all. I use to record in wavelab for easy editing but now the only solution is to record in logic.
Are there people with a similar setup that have solved this problem ? I am quite sure it is due to Logic. I simply want to run Logic and record at the same time in Wavelab.

Any suggestions/solutions ??
thanks a lot

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             12-Apr-04  @  12:04 PM   -   RE: Logic vs. Echo Indigo IO

beds

Link?:  Link

i can't run any other audio when logic is running.

but why do you want to do that? just bounce it in logic and open the wav in wavelab

Message 3/4             12-Apr-04  @  12:16 PM   -   RE: Logic vs. Echo Indigo IO

k

Link?:  Link

yup - logic doesnt like to share drivers. best bet is to disable any audio in/out ports you want logic to use in windows control-panel 'sounds' section

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/4             12-Apr-04  @  12:46 PM   -   RE: Logic vs. Echo Indigo IO

dance

Link?: Link

yep
it seems I have to get used to another way of recording. Either that or switching to Cubase, which has a solution for this problem.
But it is not always that simple to change habits and I thought the indigo's multiclient drivers would be the solution for me...

well, it's like that, and that's the way it is...

thanks for the input guys

Pages: 1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot