aaa problem in mixer main out wtf! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: problem in mixer main out wtf!

Pages: 1

Original Message 1/4             17-Feb-06  @  06:26 AM   -   problem in mixer main out wtf!

norrinradd

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Logic 6.4.3 im usin and i cant bounce from my master output channel of my mixer all i see in its
place is a master volume fader now how the fuck do i get my main master out in its fucking place
why the hell did it disappear and how do i get it back so i can bounce my audio??? i have 6.0 fired
up and in the mixer there i see the same thing what do i do here??

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             17-Feb-06  @  10:19 AM   -   RE: problem in mixer main out wtf!

k

Link?:  Link

hmmm... sounds like they dissapeared

go into the mixer environment and choose menu NEW/Audio Object

a little icon appears... make sure it is highlighted, then look at the right-hand vertical column of the page - there is s small vertical panel there which says AUDIO OBJECT at the top

under that is the headings:

Icon
Dev
Cha
Midi Cha

choose 'Cha' which is marked as 'off'

left-mouse click on 'CHA' and a list appears (track, input, aux, instrument, output, bus, master, input-stereo, output-stereo)

To create a MONO output channel choose 'OUTPUT' from the list, and assign whichever output you want.

To create a STEREO output channel choose 'STEREO OUTPUT' from the list, and assign whichever stereo pair output you want.

then double click on the small white Object icon back in the main area and it turns into a vertical fader channel.

to make another mono-out/stereo-out, just repeat the process

Finaly you can use the left-hand column box (where you assigned the output) to re-name the newly created object to whatever name you like

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4             07-Apr-06  @  06:52 PM   -   RE: problem in mixer main out wtf!

Malcolm Jeffery

Link?: Link

Or run logic setup assistant and that generates a new default song SAVE a backup first of one
you have under a new name just to be safe, as Kilo says above make new audio object ,
sounds like you accidentley deleted master output, once you are familer with logics enviroments
its a dodle and well worth spending a few hours getting to grips with as eventually you will create
specific default songs for specific tasks which save a lot of time
Malk

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 4/4             07-Apr-06  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: problem in mixer main out wtf!

k

Link?:  Link

yes, also one thing about logic which is VERY good for sight-challenged users at home and in education is that if you grab any Logic mixer channel down on the bottom-right and drag it down and out to the right, the channel strip expands and gets bigger and bigger... as it does it turns gray coloured, but... you can THEN use the Object-Colours menu-item to color code your channel strips for audio, instruments, bus's outputs etc... it's way cool!... you can have all your audio tracks coloured a nice easy-on-the eye green or whatever, and the instruments can be blue or whatever colour you like

anyways, if you expand 'em like that, it's a doddle for partialy or sight impaired users

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)