aaa stupid question of the month... - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: stupid question of the month...

Pages: 1

Original Message 1/4             26-May-06  @  06:16 PM   -   stupid question of the month...

nutoniom

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

well, probably more like "of the decade" AND the previous, but still...

What are those other faders, those sub-groups suppose to do ? should i use them ?

*ducks*

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             26-May-06  @  09:48 PM   -   RE: stupid question of the month...

k

Link?:  Link

heh, you don't know what subgroups are on a hardware mixer?.... basicaly subs allow you to route multiple tracks to a dedicated stereo or mono bus from where the combination of the individualy mixed channels can then all be raised or lowered in level with just one fader or fader pair. It also for example allows you to add a stereo compressor over a set of 3 or 4 backing vocals or a drumset or just the toms panned across a stereo bus.

In a live situation (typicaly but aslo it can be done in studio mix) one can mix the drums individual parts relative to each other to get the kit balanced, then send the whole lot to a stereo Bus, and then easily tweak the overall level of all the drums at once while retaining their relative individual levels to each other

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4             26-May-06  @  10:16 PM   -   RE: stupid question of the month...

nutoniom

well , i meant more in cubase. The 4 sub-groups on my hardware mixer feed my sound card., so i leave them basically at unity and never really touch them. This way i can record 8 parts (wich is usually sufficient for my minimalist mayhem) at once by hard panning stuff.
So i was wondering if the subs in cubase had an utility that i'm overlooking. Just curious really, as it works for me the way i already use my set-up, but i'm not closed to some improvement.

Message 4/4             26-May-06  @  10:25 PM   -   RE: stupid question of the month...

nutoniom

ok, i've reread that and see what you mean about the drums.

Pages: 1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)