aaa sonar 5 question:please help - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: sonar 5 question:please help

Pages: 1

Original Message 1/4             02-Oct-06  @  05:55 PM   -   sonar 5 question:please help

softcore

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I know ASIO drivers are supposed to provide better software behaviour and low latency but why do i get the feeling this isnt the case with Sonar 5?
So my question is.....sonar 5:asio drivers or wdm drivers?

thanx in advance

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             03-Oct-06  @  06:17 AM   -   RE: sonar 5 question:please help

psylichon

what soundcard do you have?

For my MOTU 2408 mk1, WDM works better. This is the case for many soundcards. Sonar is very Windows-level-oriented with WDM and direct-X support. If you have the choice, generally choosing one of those formats will work best with Sonar.

Message 3/4             03-Oct-06  @  10:16 AM   -   RE: sonar 5 question:please help

k

Link?:  Link

Agreed, asio is implemented in V5 (wasn't it V5?) but wdm seems better.. never quite understood why they went this way

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/4             03-Oct-06  @  04:59 PM   -   RE: sonar 5 question:please help

softcore

OK thanx!

I just needed someone else to tell me,cause I thought I had it figured wrong!!!I found it strange because sonar must be the only program working better with something other than ASIO drivers!
Thanx for your replies guys!!!

Pages: 1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot