aaa k!, Some Advice Please - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: k!, Some Advice Please

Pages: 1

Original Message 1/5             25-May-04  @  01:41 PM   -   k!, Some Advice Please

Joe Sparks

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi K

What soundcard would you recommend for installing in my laptop in order to play out via traktor? I am intersted in sound quality as my number 1 "want" but only need a stereo out.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             26-May-04  @  08:35 AM   -   RE: k!, Some Advice Please

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Not k, but FWIW what kind of form factor are you talking about using with your laptop? A firewire/usb2 box? A PCMCIA card solution? What kinda cost as well?

Message 3/5             26-May-04  @  11:14 AM   -   RE: k!, Some Advice Please

k

hmm.. well probably USB is the way to go for price and choice, I've used the tascam 122 thingy which seemed ok...it's hard to evaluate if you didnt build the laptop it was tested on.

I used one for a week and it was ok, but the laptop it was on was straight from the delaewrs, and had not been tweaked in any way

the tascam has all your in/outs and midi and does direct monitoring which is probably of no use to you, it functions of as an audio out ok anyways, which is what you want it for.

oh, and it also has a headphone socket which may be useful - but, it's 157 quid!

i havent tried any other USB audio devices yet - sorry.

Message 4/5             26-May-04  @  11:19 AM   -   RE: k!, Some Advice Please

k

mind you, the m-audio usb audiophile is almost the same price exactly, and the emagic USB one is over 200 quid, even more... so they aren't cheap compared to a good pci card, but that's laptops for ya unfortunately, the audio interface is always more and less choice, but you do get the portability.

Message 5/5             04-Jun-04  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: k!, Some Advice Please

Joe Sparks

Cheers gents. Much appreciated.

Pages: 1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)