aaa Pause Function - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Pause Function

Pages: 1

Original Message 1/5             04-Dec-05  @  10:36 PM   -   Pause Function

cescorazzi

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi all,
does anyone know how to shut off the auto-reset function on Sonar? For instance, I'm trying to compose music for a commercial soft, and need to find specific punch points within the video file, but everytime I hit the spacebar, I'm delivered back to my original starting point instead of the point where I paused it. Can you anyone assist?

Thanks so much for your time in advance.

-Francesco

cescorazzi@yahoo.com

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             05-Dec-05  @  11:47 AM   -   RE: Pause Function

k

Link?:  Link

havent used sonar for a while, but most other s/w you hit PAUSE then hit play to 'go' from a position... no doubt a full-time user knows this properly tho

??

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             07-Feb-06  @  01:53 AM   -   RE: Pause Function

psylichon

Options menu, Global, "On Stop, Rewind to Now Marker" unchecked, and Bob's your uncle. Hitting ctrl-spacebar will yield the opposite result as you have selected in Options. Pretty useful.

Also, F8 will drop the Now Marker to the current playback position. If I were you, I would hit F8 a bar before you need to drop in and let Sonar rewind to the now marker on stop.

Message 4/5             09-Mar-06  @  06:08 AM   -   RE: Pause Function

psylichon

One has to wonder if anyone ever checks for replies to their postings here

Message 5/5             09-Mar-06  @  11:51 AM   -   RE: Pause Function

k

Link?:  Link

mebbe, there is the 'flag me when someone replies' option they can use. But some people just spam a question on every forum they can find, other read answers and dont reply mate, such is life, it's an odd world on the web  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot