aaa VST effects on MIDI track? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: VST effects on MIDI track?

Pages: 1

Original Message 1/6             12-Aug-06  @  05:13 PM   -   VST effects on MIDI track?

vasko_the_pig

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Okay i'm new to cubase, still finding my way but this has got me stumped...
I can apply VST effects to my audio parts no problem but not my MIDI parts, all i have available are the MIDI effects: arpache 5, autopan etc.
I Presume i'm missing something really obvious, i was using a free program to do music before and it was dead simple on that.... i just filtered the audio and midi chanels through the effects in the same way. I have looked through the manual but it only talks about using the effect that come with cubase, not new one that you've added.
Any help would be great i need to get my nasty little 'Gumblebum' effect onto that too pure midi sound

Cheers  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             12-Aug-06  @  05:20 PM   -   RE: VST effects on MIDI track?

Moujik

Link?: Link

I think you'd need to record your MIDI sounds to audio to use a VST effect on them.

Doing so should be straightforward - I've never really used Cubase, so can't tell you exactly how.

Message 3/6             12-Aug-06  @  06:57 PM   -   RE: VST effects on MIDI track?

k

dude, you need to apply the fx to the actual VSTi channel, NOT the midi channel driving the VSTi

look in your mixer or select the actual vsti track header on the arrange page and you'll see the output lanes and the inserts and send sections just as for audio tracks

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/6             12-Aug-06  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: VST effects on MIDI track?

k

which reminds me... Cubase SX for noobs Part-5 needs doing, but we cant add vide until the new server is setup so there's no point yet (it's delayed but should be done this month, we're getting a nice fat pipe & server free from NTL)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/6             13-Aug-06  @  12:43 AM   -   RE: VST effects on MIDI track?

vasko_the_pig

Cheers guys, all makes sense now. Easy when you know how eh?

Message 6/6             13-Aug-06  @  05:29 PM   -   RE: VST effects on MIDI track?

k

indeed

Pages: 1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot