aaa Rex - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Rex

Pages: 1

Original Message 1/7             17-Jan-05  @  09:31 AM   -   Rex

Garuna

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Is there any way of creating Rex or Rex2 files without Recycle?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             17-Jan-05  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: Rex

psylichon

I don't think so because propheads won't give up the proprietary code. really sucks, huh?

Message 3/7             18-Jan-05  @  02:06 AM   -   RE: Rex

Garuna

Yes, Dave. Yes it does.

Finding the Reson samplers to be quite the substitutes though.

Message 4/7             18-Jan-05  @  10:27 AM   -   RE: Rex

k

Link?:  Link

what did that old WAVESURGEON app do, did it chuck out it's own format? - that thing used to do slicing didnt it if i remember right

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/7             18-Jan-05  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: Rex

The Moujik

Yeah; it supported quite a few smaplers & file formats as well, although not .rex

Good program though - seem to remember preferring it to Recycle, back in the day...

Message 6/7             19-Jan-05  @  05:32 PM     Edit: 19-Jan-05  |  05:34 PM   -   RE: Rex

psylichon

hey gary, I know this is the Reason forum, but I know you use Sonar, too. It has an extremely rudimentary rex-like feature with its cyclone plugin. Took me a minute to figure out how to use it for chopped loop one-offs and not full loops, but take a look at it.

Basically, you import a loop into sonar, trim it and ctrl-L it to enable looping. Then double click it and check the slice parameters. This is like recycle, basically. If all is good, then fire up a Cyclone. Drag the audio loop from the track into the audio bin in Cyclone. From there you can drag it to pad 1. You'll see at the bottom then that all the slices are lined up on 'pad 1'... so you drag up to 16 slices down to the other pads. Now keep in mind, this is a mini loop sequencer, so you have to turn off the clock and loop buttons for each pad and make sure only one slice is assigned per pad and it is lined up along the left of the grid. Sounds confusing written out, but mess with it for five minutes and you'll see what i mean.

no velocity control, though, which is the main reason I don't use it. Could work for ya though....

Message 7/7             20-Jan-05  @  06:10 AM   -   RE: Rex

Garuna

Neat. Will try. Thanks.

Pages: 1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)