aaa HELP PROBLEM GETTING MIDI AND AUDIO SOUN - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: HELP PROBLEM GETTING MIDI AND AUDIO SOUN

Pages: 1

Original Message 1/7             24-Apr-05  @  08:52 PM   -   HELP PROBLEM GETTING MIDI AND AUDIO SOUN

matt_march

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

having a problem gettin a sound through my speakers, no midi or audio is coming through them, but there is nothin wrong with the speakers cus i can get sounds out with different applications!!! also there is a delay between my keyboard and midi? do i need a midi interface to solve this?? please help me!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             25-Apr-05  @  05:14 PM   -   RE: HELP PROBLEM GETTING MIDI AND AUDIO SOUN

k

Link?:  Link

need more info - soundcard & midi devices - as much info as possible

one thing tho - Logic does NOT like to share output drivers with windows - so go to control-panel / sound & audio devices

make sure the drivers Logic is trying to use are not selected there for audio i/o

also you need a decent asio s/card top get realtime audio playback when you trigger from your midi keyboard

again... need proper info, you're question offers no details at all

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7             25-Apr-05  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: HELP PROBLEM GETTING MIDI AND AUDIO SOUN

matt_march

sound card is Asonic 16-bit 6 Channel 3D Directsound Soundcard with C-media 8738 chipset-Retail Box.

There is a lead connected from my keyboard to my PC. Do i need a midi interface because there is a delay when i play midi in logic.

Message 4/7             25-Apr-05  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: HELP PROBLEM GETTING MIDI AND AUDIO SOUN

k

that's an onboard soundchip is it?... on the motherboard?

if yes... you gotta get a proper soundcard, disable the onboard in your BIOS and fit the new soundcard

or possibly you could use the ASIO4ALL drivers... not sure if they work for those onboard audio codec's... anyone?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/7             26-Apr-05  @  01:30 PM   -   RE: HELP PROBLEM GETTING MIDI AND AUDIO SOUN

matt_march

No, it's a separate PCI card, i have set my audio driver to PCAV. when i try to get sound coming out from the keyboard it works but no sound when i try and get it coming out of the speakers!!

Message 6/7             06-May-05  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: HELP PROBLEM GETTING MIDI AND AUDIO SOUN

matt_march

can any1 solve this problem????

Message 7/7             06-May-05  @  03:37 PM   -   RE: HELP PROBLEM GETTING MIDI AND AUDIO SOUN

k

yes.... but this doesnt make any sense:

when i try to get sound coming out from the keyboard it works but no sound when i try and get it coming out of the speakers!!

you need to explain thing clearly, that is meaningless and also a bit weird... how can cubase play out of your keyboard?... see what I mean?... just explain properly step by step what you mean by the above, how everything is connected, etc, then we can try and advise.

also, do you have ASIO drivers for this audio card?

Pages: 1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot