aaa dead forum - Guitars & amps forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Guitars & amps

Subject: dead forum

Pages: 1

Original Message 1/8             24-May-01  @  06:11 AM   -   dead forum

the guitar forum

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Look at me. I croaked.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             28-May-01  @  11:32 AM   -   RE: dead forum

Pongoid

SO say something. Guitars are far from dead, and folks can still play then from what I've heard out and about, but how many folks have figured out how to use them productively and not make some that sounds cheesey with electronic stuff? I've heard some, but not enough. Hope to hear more. I love the instrument.

Ape

Message 3/8             29-May-01  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: dead forum

monkeyboy

i agree guitars are far from dead, theres a huge hole in the electronic/ dance music industry that is screaming to be filled with some lush acoustic/electric guitar sounds. the same goes for any other instrument that is played with feeling and passion imo, no im not saying that keyboards cant be played with passion. im trying to say that using the actual instruments sound that is required, rather than a sampled sound, can sound better imo.

thats what im gonna try to do anyway, ive been playing guitar for a few years now, im ok but not great and i want to incorporate the sounds of the guitar with electronic/dance music. nothing new i know, but i think theres not been enough made imv.

Message 4/8             29-May-01  @  07:04 PM   -   RE: dead forum

BassProShop

didn't say guitars were dead, just the forum. don't like to see nothing here.

I try to touch one every day (a guitar), otherwise I lose my callouses and have to work at building 'em back up before I can play worth a shit. and when I say 'worth a shit,' realize that all things are relative. heh heh.

also I like to work out chord voicings and arpeggiations on one, and transfer that to keyboard parts -- keeps me from sticking to closely to the 'keyboard' forms of those things.

the pendulum of taste swings back & forth. it's to the point now where every goofball and his brother has a VA and is making VA music, and all the black-turtleneck-wearing ad agency types are putting that kind of music in every car, liquor and fast food ad. So, how 'bout some cool shit made with wood and gut and skin? hmmm? anybody?

Message 5/8             31-May-01  @  01:52 AM   -   RE: dead forum

k

actualy apparently guitar sales are at an all time hight... you'd think not mebbe eh!.. funnily i was having a play this evening and suddenly got the urge to listen to jimmy page... so i did...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/8             14-Jun-01  @  02:05 AM   -   RE: dead forum

robski27

Guitars dead lets get real here --- look at Lady -Bring it back ?? Are you telling me the guitar wil ever die?

Message 7/8             14-Jun-01  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: dead forum

damballah

no one said guitars were dead. someone said the forum was dead. and it was.

Message 8/8             16-Jun-01  @  06:10 PM   -   RE: dead forum

wererich

Link?:  No link

Guitar is definitely back in r&b.

It is also the antidote to electromagnetic field-induced dementia.

Pages: 1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot