aaa maxisound home studio pro 64 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: maxisound home studio pro 64

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/23             20-Feb-98  @  11:20 PM   -   maxisound home studio pro 64

rife45

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi, I am thinking about buying a maxisound home studio pro 64 and have a few questions. So if anyone has this card I would really appreciate your input.

1) How do the midi sounds on the maxisound compare to the awe 64's midi?
2) any problems installing the card with windows 95b
3) after recording tracks is there any lag in what was recorded

thanks,

Don

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/23             21-Feb-98  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: maxisound home studio pro 64

Chris

For the money it's quite a good card, I've had it for about four months with no problems.

1) Pretty well, I've only heard demo's of the AWE but as far as I can tell the Maxi card is much better.

2) Na, perfect PnP

3) Thats mainly down to the software, but Calkwalk's hasen't given me any problems using K6-200 and 32Mb.

My only grumble is with the instument editing software for the sampleing side, that a bit shite.

Message 3/23             22-Feb-98  @  01:35 AM   -   RE: maxisound home studio pro 64

Don

Chris, thanks for the feedback on the maxisound. For the money this definitely looks like the card for me.

Don

Message 4/23             22-Feb-98  @  09:01 AM   -   RE: maxisound home studio pro 64

acid cat

ok I don't own a Maxi64 but a friend of mine recorded his band's first single using the maxi 64, cool edit, and cakewalk; the song did quite well and recieved a lot of airplay in Australia (it was acoustic instrument based, not midi). Sorry I don't know anything much about the card, but my friend did rave about it a lot.

Message 5/23             24-Feb-98  @  11:16 PM   -   RE: maxisound home studio pro 64

adams04infonie.fr

had mine for a couple of months,needs the YamahaD50extension ,this is a bit of a drag to install if you check email onDeja news i think.just read the PC thing here,so far i got REbirth Cool edit and mean to add stuff.No mention of CDs for sampling ,im still looking around to decide how to get certain instruments,EastWest have some good looking CDs and Ilio.com sent me a freeCDrom with Groovemaster sounds cool.I bought my card in france and had to download updated drivers 3D to work with DirectX and Rebirth,AND to get my second Midi OUT to function in Quartz.So far i cant get Rebirth hooked up to midi or sync with Quartz,i think there may be aproblem with ESSMPU401, i dont know why.Anyone else got alot of hiss on the midi side,the audio side seems cool.IM probably gonna get a re recordable cd recorder not dat, anyone got any comments on using maxisoundpro64 for a finished CD recorded onto cd dtrect to disk?Can anyone reccommend GTR samples on cd? i also heard the VIRUS analog synth ,cool.

Message 6/23             25-Feb-98  @  08:51 AM   -   RE: maxisound home studio pro 64

Clemens.Kurtz

Hi!

I´ve a Maxisound 64 PRO installed and I have to tell you
that this is a great soundcard. Really NO problems with installation, drivers, etc. (WIN95B). The Midi- and DSP soundchip (DREAM) is the same as Terratec uses onboard their EWS64. I know that Guillemot and Terratec did some jobs together, but it seems that Guillemot has more experience with building up a reliable soundcard then Terratec does.
I did some CD-recording jobs as well (Yamaha CDR 400/SCSI)
and all worked fine.
The new Cubase VST (3.55) Asio driver now recognizes the 8 separate Dream-audio-channels too.

If you have further questions about Maxisound PRO you can contact me.

Ciao

Clemens

Message 7/23             10-Mar-98  @  02:26 AM   -   RE: maxisound home studio pro 64

bgirar51

Yeah, how much is it, and where can I get one? peace

Message 8/23             12-Mar-98  @  11:31 PM   -   Clemens - Here is where 2 get it:

gibsonlp

http://www.guillemot.com/usa2/index2.html

I am gonna get it myself 2 ;) it rocks.

GibsonLP

Message 9/23             17-Mar-98  @  01:06 PM   -   RE: maxisound home studio pro 64

tpuisseg

The Home studio Pro 64 (HSP64) seems to work well, and it's analog part does indeed work VERY well. But there's a terrible bug about the digital I/O section. The S/PDIF Input has a severe digital reclocking flaw which produces strange artefacts such as random "pops" and "clocs" up to 0 dB on the tracks your are currently recording via S/PDIF !!! I've tried with inputing with a Promix 01, a Tascam DAT and an ESI-4000 Sampler. Nothing to do, as soon as you press REC on the digital I/O you get one random click every two seconds or so.
I'm in contact with Guillemot here in France and I'll give you more details on this feature as soon as I get something new....

Let's hope it isn't a hardware flaw on my card and nothing to do with the card design itself......

Message 10/23             21-Mar-98  @  09:14 PM   -   RE: maxisound home studio pro 64

Mel

I'm in the UK.... very interested in this card. I've seen the MaxiSound home
Studio Pro for £205. However...the US list price is $199. Why so expensive?

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)