aaa Event Gina....hmmm...noisy? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Event Gina....hmmm...noisy?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/15             25-Feb-98  @  01:15 PM   -   Event Gina....hmmm...noisy?

Bren

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I dunno..maybe its something I'm doing wrong....but I think me aul Gina could be a little quieter....any suggestions anyone?

Bren.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             26-Feb-98  @  01:53 PM   -   RE: Event Gina....hmmm...noisy?

rife45

If you haven't been to this site yet, they did do a performance benchmark test on the event gina along with some other cards. Noise is one of the criteria.
http://www.rockpark.com/soundcards/

Don

Message 3/15             26-Feb-98  @  02:17 PM   -   RE: Event Gina....hmmm...noisy?

kilo

strange, cos sos did a test with wavelab, and got zilcho noise from Gina.....

Message 4/15             28-Feb-98  @  09:39 AM   -   RE: Event Gina....hmmm...noisy?

bren

Yeah...have a feeling its equipment set-up..lead locations and and that blah.....will have to troubleshoot....its not a major problem..the noise level is minimal but seemed only to appear recently.....hmmmm

Message 5/15             22-Mar-98  @  11:24 PM   -   Allocate outputs??

niklas

I want to buy a Gina card, but I need to assign the outputs to different programs. I would like to run Rebirth, Generator, and Sound Forge etc simultaneously using the analogue outputs (1/2,3/4,5/6,7/8). Is this possible???

I was in the music store today testing the card on their setup, but I got errors such as 'Other application using device' etc when trying the above procedures.

What other card could help me accomplish this with the other specs Gina has??

/Niklas

Message 6/15             23-Mar-98  @  09:36 AM   -   RE: Event Gina....hmmm...noisy?

kilo

so far, it cant do that....but I've actuallyseen the terratec do it..... it does have such drivers, and is one of the only cards that does...... windows see's it's in's and out's and can allocate them to more thasn one programme.... I saw the terratec output audio simultaneously from VST, Rebirth, and an audio file player...... smart !

Message 7/15             26-Mar-98  @  09:57 AM   -   RE: Event Gina....hmmm...noisy?

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Prob'ly figured out by now, but make sure you've got Easy Trim activated, which made a 12 dB difference on my system.
The Terratec is getting a Cubase asio driver soon, supposedly.

Message 8/15             04-Apr-98  @  09:12 PM   -   RE: Event Gina....hmmm...noisy?

lebric

i m building up a studio and i was wondering if the gina card works well with cubase

Message 9/15             06-Apr-98  @  03:15 PM   -   RE: Event Gina....hmmm...noisy?

kilo

yes it does..... with VSt that is....... dunno about XT or whatever... but I'd assume it goes well with any of the multi-card capable cubse versions

Message 10/15             24-Apr-98  @  09:57 PM   -   RE: Event Gina....hmmm...noisy?

Hi my name is Jennifer! What is your name?

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)