aaa garage_beats - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: garage_beats

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/19             25-Mar-00  @  01:28 PM   -   garage_beats

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  File

garage_beat_1.mid

ok - here's one

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/19             05-Apr-00  @  08:59 AM   -   RE: garage_beats

levit71

File?:  No file

Hey K,
Can you put up the grid? I'm trying to develop some Todd Edwards/UK Garage grooves and I need some guidance. Drum programming's a bitch!

Iggy

Message 3/19             05-Apr-00  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: garage_beats

k

cant do it cos of the swing factor - just open the beat in your midi drum editor

Message 4/19             12-Apr-00  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: garage_beats

shogun

K, i don't understand how to play/use this. Am i supused to run it of my computer or load it in my sequencer(rm1x).

Thanks

Message 5/19             13-Apr-00  @  01:41 PM   -   RE: garage_beats

k

dunno, its a standard midifile.. kik = c1, snare = d1, hats = f#1 & a#1 - and there is a rimshot on the same as the snare

Message 6/19             09-Jul-00  @  02:55 PM   -   RE: garage_beats

ginger

yes k ,i listen to your beat ..i dont think its quite right...as this is a old message,i wonderered weather you got it down yet.trying myself(the beat is has taken over its everywhere)

Message 7/19             10-Jul-00  @  09:32 AM   -   RE: garage_beats

k

well basically the template file i added has the typical basic garage swing groove which you can then load and make a groove template from in your sequencer, sure tho, there are lots of variations in garage but in essence they all got that swing groove -- the sounds you use to play that file make alot of difference to the sound too...

Message 8/19             14-Jul-00  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: garage_beats

ginger

yes k,can you explain the swing groove 4 us ...i can see the beats are spread over 8 bars and every 2 bars the next to bars start early (i think)by how much?then the next to bars?.....how did u work this out ..and how do different styles vary.ie house ,d&b.if i like a particular tune the beats and that how do i figure out swing factor 4 myself.

Message 9/19             17-Jul-00  @  05:45 AM   -   RE: garage_beats

Jasper

it's more a case of getting it to sound right.. see, any groove template is pretty mutch a guidline.. you may need to pull and push notes around slightly to get the rythm to sound good.

all sort of things will affect the groove.. envelope settings, velocities, sound frequencies.. simply chucking on a groove is just the beginning of a labour of love..

Message 10/19             19-Jul-00  @  09:27 PM   -   RE: garage_beats

k

a groove template doesnt contain notes at all, it's just a quantise template... i mean it's only a starting point, garage has gone along way there's so much beats and variations

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)