aaa Lucid Dreaming - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Lucid Dreaming

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/25             28-Sep-02  @  10:55 PM   -   Lucid Dreaming

psylichon

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Just wanted to know if any of you do it on a regular basis. I find it fascinating, personally, but I'm not very good at it. I'm not a very good dreamer at all.

psylichon

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/25             29-Sep-02  @  12:29 AM   -   RE: Lucid Dreaming

bedwyr

sort of, but i wake up before anything happens coz it's too mad. one time i realised it was happening and thought right, i'll fly out the window see what happens but i woke up coz i thought fuck, what if i'm sleep walking and i really do fall out the window, then i woke up and i was still on the bed.

i usually can get into that state when i'm very tired, like after a good few days partying.

Message 3/25             29-Sep-02  @  12:53 AM   -   RE: Lucid Dreaming

psylichon

Yeah, I was doing it a bit last night, after a heady night of shrooms. I kept drifting in and out of this dream, and once I realized that was happening, I decided I'd try to fly. It's always just the first thing I think to do when I realize I'm dreaming, and I've gotten quite good at it. It's just realizing I'm in a dream that's hard for me.

I don't really remember my dreams much.

psylichon

Message 4/25             29-Sep-02  @  09:57 AM   -   RE: Lucid Dreaming

brad

I used to do it all the time - like, ALL the time. For me, easier to do when not really tired, better to do when napping...I got so good at it I began to get into that state w/out even napping or trying to go to sleep. I'd just sit back w/ the intention of doing it and then...I'd be flying over my neighborhood!

Now I don't even fuck w/ it, but I still often accidently go into it when trying to fall asleep, which is hard enuff for me anyway (spaz).

It *can* be fun tho!

Lately I've been getting into these weird trance-kinda states if I smoke weed and then try to go to sleep. I just get WAY zoned out and relaxed and when I snap out of it, I realize I was thinking of some wild shit.

Then there's the old sleep paralysis, which really was a gateway to my lucid dreams in the first place. That's really weird shit; where you can't move but you can open your eyes, and you hear and see crazy and scary stuff. Like fluttering noises, voices calling your name, shadows walking around in your room. You had that? I've meet a few other ppl. who get it too.

Anyway, I guess it's time for those nice men in the white coats to take me back ;-)

Message 5/25             29-Sep-02  @  02:02 PM   -   RE: Lucid Dreaming

bedwyr

sleep paralysis for me too. haven't had it for a while though, and i never opened my eyes, just had to really fight actually move. good fun really.

Message 6/25             29-Sep-02  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: Lucid Dreaming

j-type

Link?:  Link

i used to get that when I was little. i'd wake up and it was like someone heavy was sitting on my legs. not daring to move, absolutely fear-struck. it was only years later I found out what it was. kind of disappointed that it wasn't a demon, looking back...

Message 7/25             30-Sep-02  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: Lucid Dreaming

errata

Link?:  No link

also called dream yoga. The practice of dreaming. I've been at it for a few years. This is not really something to toy around with.... (I have to say sh*t like that, sorry) it can be very damaging to an unstable mind.

Redefining what we think of as "real" is the point for me. And directing the power of the dream state to recognizing my true nature. It's all a reflection, and in dreams we don't really question that notion. It's funny though, that upon wakeing we pretend it's different.

e

Message 8/25             30-Sep-02  @  05:55 PM   -   RE: Lucid Dreaming

psylichon

Exactly. Why do we attribute so much value to our waking state when so much living goes on while we're asleep?

I was reading in "The Holographic Universe" that our body sees and remembers movement information in the form of interference waves (i.e. a hologram), and these waves are generated when you dream also. Basically, you can teach yourself a dance, or to fight, or any number of physical and mental things in your dreams. People can solve their problems in their dreams because answers come to them more easily (this isn't me, or even the average person, but GOOD dreamers mind you)

It's just fascinating stuff. Clairvoiance in dreams is also documented. Perhaps our dream state is something to be achieved at all times.

psylichon

Message 9/25             30-Sep-02  @  06:01 PM   -   RE: Lucid Dreaming

errata

Link?:  No link

Take what you're saying about the dream state! Now, recognize that it's no different than the waking state. That's the trick...

It's not just dreams that are reflections of the mind, but everything. And in lucid dreaming, we can learn to erase the self imposed line erected there.

e

Message 10/25             30-Sep-02  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: Lucid Dreaming

xoxos

two weeks ago i dreamed i was having sex with a girl who turns into this one guy's mom. this week the guy tells me his sister is coming into town and i've 'got to meet her.'

neg! neg! neg!

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)