aaa Brown Vs Jackson - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Brown Vs Jackson

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/17             30-Sep-02  @  09:08 AM   -   Brown Vs Jackson

Drop

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Having this huge debate right now. In your opinion who was better, Michael Jackson or James Brown?

Jackson could dance and sing better, no?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             30-Sep-02  @  09:19 AM   -   RE: Brown Vs Jackson

bedwyr

Link?: Link

old jamesy boy was a better entertainer, knew how to work the crowd in his day, purple cloak and all. and the music could be raw as anything, jackson never did raw, too clean.

i lost a 20 quid bet on thursday night, convinced as i was that beat it or billie jean was on off the wall. twat.

Message 3/17             30-Sep-02  @  10:32 AM   -   RE: Brown Vs Jackson

Drop

I agree with the raw argument but Jackson was technically a better singer and dancer.

Message 4/17             30-Sep-02  @  11:02 AM   -   RE: Brown Vs Jackson

bedwyr

Link?: Link

who gives a shit? about the technically thing. technically betamax was better than vhs.

not sure how relevant that is though  

Message 5/17             30-Sep-02  @  11:29 AM   -   RE: Brown Vs Jackson

k

Link?:  Link

Prince beats them both trust me... I hear he's doing a few nights at the Bush Empire is that right?... I'd love to see him again. BTW, one of my kids mates did a gig with james brown... His mate is thuis really slightly built skinny kid and he can do all that James Brown dancing, I mean REALLY well, he's like 13 or whatever, anyways, he was onstage with JB and JB goes "eeow!!.. Hit me!!!", so my kids mate does the wiggle thing, and JB goes; "Do it again, do it again!!!!!.. eeiioow!!!"... ha ha... so he does it again... heh heh... this kid is fucking amazing on his feet mate I swear... if you need someone for a video he's 100% awesome!!... he did a demo for me on the pavement one day when I was with them, it was brilliant heh heh. he can really move!... He's a weird kid, he's really young but he's only into like old classic rnb music, and you talk to him and he knows all the old obscure artists etc... and you look at him and go like: "How the fuck d'you know all those artists?", and he's like: "That's what i'm into, i dont like the new music much".... brilliant character.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/17             30-Sep-02  @  11:51 AM   -   RE: Brown Vs Jackson

Drop

Cool story K.

If we put up Jacksons "Off The Wall", what Prince album are you gonna put up to beat it? :-)

Message 7/17             30-Sep-02  @  11:51 AM   -   RE: Brown Vs Jackson

Zazza

Hey, what about Val Doonican?

Message 8/17             30-Sep-02  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: Brown Vs Jackson

GT

who's michael jackson?

Message 9/17             30-Sep-02  @  03:55 PM   -   RE: Brown Vs Jackson

k

Link?:  Link

i always say it.. Micheal Jackson needs to start a rock band now, he's no longer relevent to 'black music' or 'pop music' without changing style so much into something he simply could not pull off anyways unless he goes all retro which'd be more a sort of 'club level back to roots' thing like prince does now, smaller band smaller venues, back to roots - but he is a great rock vocalist. I reckon he should start a stadium rock band with Slash  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/17             01-Oct-02  @  06:12 AM   -   RE: Brown Vs Jackson

GT

Barry White, Isley Bros, Luther and many others..mmmmmm, but michael hasn't made a decent record since Thriller.

Slash can play some seriously sweet classical/new jazz stylee too...smooth jazz type and all.

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)