aaa why war - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: why war

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/41             18-Oct-02  @  09:40 PM   -   why war

Ghost

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I see a lot of posts about America and Iraq, and sometimes I find what some of you folks think a bit hard to swallow....

It seems like a lot of you think that America is threatening war simply for oil, so that a few men can obtain more power and money.... Do you really think that? If you do, I think you are misguided. I think that money and power MIGHT be the end result of a war, but that's an dubious proposition at best, and I don't think they are the USA's prime motivating factors for starting one.....

Bush clearly laid out the case that Saddam is a UNIQUE threat for reasons x, y and z... and, after a debate, our Congress voted to go along, and created a resolution authorizing war. So, this isn't "Bush's war" and we're not a "dictatorship". This is a healthy democracy where everyone (including Bush) votes, and are bound by the results according to the rule of law...

To say that we start wars for money and power is kind of selling short what really moves our leaders to action... These guys are seriously concerned about SECURITY, and oil is a part of that.... Like it or not, a steady flow of oil happens to be vital for many nations' national security. So, peace in the region is in the world's best interest. But saying it's just about oil is like pointing at Influx and saying he's only doing music for the money and the chicks... it sells short what he's really about, and trivializes the issue. Hey, these guys all HAVE money AND immense power.... And we all know that wars are very very costly, both in human and economic terms....

So, in my view, these men sit in fear of the judgement of history, because they truly fear what Saddam will do if given a chance......

More people should be GLAD Saddam is going down, but it seems like there's a lot of hand-wringing... the guy is a menace, and he's just going to cause more problems if he's left alone. He's also shooting at us almost every day for fuck's sake. So, what the fuck? Is the world supposed to do nothing? So, what would you do?

There's no denying it will be a tremendous benefit to the West to have a friendly Iraqi regime, and it will be also pretty good for the Iraqi people, too (the ones that survive the war, anyway).... but to say that we threaten all this killing and upheaval because of the greed and power hunger of a few men is too simple an argument...

Before you ask, I don't trust the govt. and I'm not supportive of the USA going to war alone. But I do think the threat is real. The guy has got to go, and it's up to the world to find a way to do it....

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/41             18-Oct-02  @  10:20 PM   -   RE: why war

xoxos

well you're a fucking idiot then, and i bet you think that columbus 'discovered' america by accident.

come on, ghost, you've got some ability. close your eyes.. turn off your chatter or whatever and listen.. can't you hear them? why the fuck do you think we need a 72 mile long antenna in wisconsin? get a grip! open your eyes!

Message 3/41             18-Oct-02  @  10:42 PM   -   RE: why war

Ghost

hee hee!! I am all those things, and so much less....

Message 4/41             18-Oct-02  @  11:25 PM   -   RE: why war

Zazza

Link?:  No link

I see a lot of posts about Iraq and Israel, and sometimes I find what some of you folks think a bit hard to swallow....

It seems like a lot of you think that Iraq is threatening war simply for power, so that a few men can obtain more power and money.... Do you really think that? If you do, I think you are misguided. I think that money and power MIGHT be the end result of a war, but that's an dubious proposition at best, and I don't think they are Iraq's prime motivating factors for starting one.....

Saddam clearly laid out the case that Ariel Sharon is a UNIQUE threat for reasons x, y and z... and, after a debate, our cabinet voted to go along, and created a resolution authorizing war. So, this isn't "Sadaam's war" and we're not a "dictatorship". This is a healthy one-party state where everyone (including Sadaam) votes, and are bound by the results according to the rule of law...

To say that we start wars for power and oil is kind of selling short what really moves our leaders to action... These guys are seriously concerned about SECURITY, and the agressive stance of Israel is a part of that.... Like it or not, the Israeli army and their nuclear weapons threaten many nations' national security. So, peace in the region is in the world's best interest. But saying it's just about hating Israel is like pointing at k and saying he's only doing dancetech because he hates the corporates... it sells short what he's really about, and trivializes the issue. Hey, the guys that rule Iraq all HAVE money AND immense power already! And we all know that wars are very very costly, both in human and economic terms....

So, in my view, Sadaam and his cabinet sit in fear of the judgement of history, because they truly fear what Sharon will do if given a chance......

More people should be GLAD Sharon is going down, but it seems like there's a lot of hand-wringing... the guy is a menace, and he's just going to cause more problems if he's left alone. He's also shooting at our fellow arabs almost every day for fuck's sake, with tanks! So, what the fuck? Is the world supposed to do nothing? So, what would you do?

There's no denying it will be a tremendous benefit to the arab nations to have a friendly (docile) Israeli regime, and it will be also pretty good for the Israeli people, too (the ones that survive the war, anyway).... but to say that Iraq threatens all this killing and upheaval because of the greed and power hunger of a few men is too simple an argument...

Before you ask, I don't trust the govt. and I'm not supportive of the Iraq going to war alone. But I do think the threat is real. The guy has got to go, and it's up to the world to find a way to do it....

Message 5/41             18-Oct-02  @  11:40 PM   -   RE: why war

errata

nice, Zazza!

e

Message 6/41             18-Oct-02  @  11:50 PM   -   RE: why war

Ghost

yinz are crackers!!  
nice one Zazza, raises some excellent points.... they're all a despicable lot over there aren't they....?
enough war already...

Message 7/41             18-Oct-02  @  11:58 PM     Edit: 19-Oct-02  |  04:34 PM   -   RE: why war

xoxos

a 72 mile long antenna in wisconsin

if i remember correctly, an antenna has to be 2x the length of the wavelength to recieve on that frequency (or is it half? :p ) i'll let you lil' robots do the math.

btw if you're reading down this list, when you get to henry's post, skip ahead, since zazza was nice and broke it up into paragraphs.

Message 8/41             19-Oct-02  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: why war

errata

"they're all a despicable lot over there aren't they"...

!!!sigh!!!

And the boat sales into the sunset and poor Ghost is left on the pier! And i'm left feeling, erm... pensive.

e

Message 9/41             19-Oct-02  @  06:18 AM   -   RE: why war

psylichon

What does this have to do with war?

psylichon

Message 10/41             19-Oct-02  @  06:22 AM   -   RE: why war

damballah

i'm still trying to get over a michael moore brainwashing myself.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 41 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)