aaa Here we go again - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Here we go again

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/19             08-Feb-03  @  11:46 PM   -   Here we go again

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I know I post alot of stuff, but hey at least they're in the right forum. After recently purchasing a new soundcard (Audiophile Delta 2496 M-audio thingie), I installed the new drivers from the site and config stuffs. It is playing everything beautifully and so much better than my old crap crap. Then I boot up logic and get the same message:

PCAV:

System Overload.

The audio engine was not able to process all required data in time.

(-10011)

Any ideas anyone? I have my latency set on 256- I tried moving it around but didn't do much. I only get the error message when I am playing in the arrange window, it popps up every second or so and interupts play. Is anyone familiar with the problem or the similar soundcard?

Thank you guys, I promise this will be the last topic =)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/19             09-Feb-03  @  12:09 AM     Edit: 09-Feb-03  |  12:26 AM   -   RE: Here we go again

milan

for starters, whats cour cpu clock speed like? and do move the latency to 1024 or something, and see if that helps... obviously your system cannot cope with such a low latency... and, i cant believe you went out and got an audiophile before even trying to sort out your old soundcard!

Message 3/19             09-Feb-03  @  01:05 AM   -   RE: Here we go again

Broken Silence

Well I needed a new soundcard for my nova for the proper inputs, so I had to get one anyways. Also the old soundcard had weird sounds at different volumes.

On the cpu: "Audio" is like really high, red sometimes, but disk i/o never moves...my cpu is p4 2.0gigs, 512 rd ram.

I tried higher latency, but no luck.

Also, it seems to work alright with really small files etc, but with my song (7mins) that I made on it, everytime I play it, it gives me the error message, while I can play small files with the same amount of synths/tracks etc, just not the same amount of matrix data. (If you know what I mean)

I have 15 instruments, 10 are s/w synths (5 are ES2, 1 FM7, 1 ES1, and 7 ESX24 the sampler). I don't think it is the ammount of instruments I am using becuase I can open a different file with the same ammount and work just fine, it only overloads with alot of shit on the arrange screen.

Message 4/19             09-Feb-03  @  01:22 AM   -   RE: Here we go again

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

Well, if you are using an Audiophile, you shouldn't get PCAV error messages as the card should have Asio drivers (I think). So you probably need to un-check the PCAV drivers under Logics Audio Hardware and Drivers screen and select the Asio drivers instead.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 5/19             09-Feb-03  @  02:02 AM   -   RE: Here we go again

Broken Silence

Okay, I did that and still it crashes, instead it says AISO: instead of PCAV

Message 6/19             09-Feb-03  @  09:58 AM   -   RE: Here we go again

Stvy

Hi,

You may have a corrupt song. This happens from time to time.

Creat an brand new autoload, andd copy all your songs stuff into it.

Also sometimes if you create a song on a certain version of logic then upgrade to another which is a major update (eg 5.0 to 5.2 which is a brand new audio engine) this can cause strange things....

Cheers
Stvy

Message 7/19             09-Feb-03  @  12:02 PM   -   RE: Here we go again

Steve Roughley

"it only overloads with alot of shit on the arrange screen"

Is Logic's Scroll In Play activated? Have you tried altering your display settings? Changing the amount of colours (Bit-depth), or Hardware Acceleration etc may be what you're after here.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 8/19             09-Feb-03  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: Here we go again

Broken Silence

Yeah I may just try reinstalling it- I'd rather not loose all my stuff tho =(

No- scroll in play is not on.

Tried display, but no luck. =(

Message 9/19             09-Feb-03  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: Here we go again

Florburner

Sounds like your system is really badly setup. That error doesn't really have much todo with the soundcard its self it's more the system it too taxed same with the audio meter. I would try using less voices on your synths. Less intense effects for playback, then switch to the plat. versions or waves for mix down.

Also look at your video settings. What kind of video card are you running. Are you pushing it too hard? Reduce the resolution and bits. See if this makes a difference on the audio meter.

If these don't seem to help, then is this computer dedicated to audio ? If not and you can't afford to do that get a copy of partition magic and make the system dual boot. Use one for games, Inet, Word proc. and dedicate your self to a few choice apps for audio. Tweak out audio partition you should see better performance.

Once your happy get a copy of Ghost or whatever and back up the whole partition.

Flor

Message 10/19             09-Feb-03  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: Here we go again

milan

heh... this is a far shot, but can it be the dreaded *denormalisation*? are you running fancy reverbs, delays, and shit? and the crash occurs when there's no sound feeding them?

i'm saying this cause i caught my machine doing this on one track where i'm feeding a reverb from a delay plugin, and as soon as i'm not sending anything into the delay it builds up and overloads. then, when i mute the track which feeds both, the cpu meter drops right down and makes no problems whatsoever.

might not be your problem, but i thought i post this somewhere...

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)