aaa cyclone - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: cyclone

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             18-Feb-03  @  06:57 PM   -   cyclone

Yonce N Mild

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Finally got a legit and registered copy of Sonar XL. At the moment I'm just setting up templates checking out the dxis and fx. While I was playing around with cyclone I couldn't find any "slicing" paramaters if I loaded a wav. file it would not automaticly slice, so I saved the wav. file as a RIFF (acid) wave and reloaded it still no slices,
the loops that come on the sonar cd all slice fine but I am not able to adjust the slice points I am able to edit each slice but not edit the size/start/end of the slice. I guess I was expecting somthing like the sampler in orion where you load a file and then silce it and presto it's loaded and mapped. Sooo my question is if I want to have a wave file sliced up in cyclone do I have to slice it up myself in sound forge and load it up one slice at a time or am I just missing somthing ?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             18-Feb-03  @  08:14 PM   -   RE: cyclone

§ï†ÅR

Link?: Link

I wish I could help you on that one. I haven't even used Cyclone yet.   So much stuff to use. Hopefully Monsieur Cakewalk will pop in soon.

Message 3/12             18-Feb-03  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: cyclone

Yonce N Mild

I figured it out...... ok first apply grove clip looping then edit the loop in the loop construction view......then just drag that sonofabitch over to the loop bin in cyclone a there ya go all sliced up and ready to be mapped. Alright peace out back to playing

Message 4/12             18-Feb-03  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: cyclone

psylichon

wow. i never knew it could do that! Excellent... that may eliminate my need for rewire!

Message 5/12             19-Feb-03  @  12:23 AM   -   RE: cyclone

Yonce N Mild

still having a little trouble getting to grips with it. I'm trying to figure out the pad editor thing I'm not sure I understand the grid. is it a sequencer?

Message 6/12             19-Feb-03  @  02:15 AM   -   RE: cyclone

Conscience

Yes - the grid is the sequencer.

Message 7/12             19-Feb-03  @  02:56 PM   -   RE: cyclone

Cakewalk

Glad you figured it out.

Here's a tip on our site that gives an overview of some of the things you can do with Cyclone:

http://www.cakewalk.com/tips/TechTipApril02_2.asp

Message 8/12             19-Feb-03  @  10:35 PM   -   RE: cyclone

Conscience

Mr. Cakewalk,

Thanks for following this forum - it's really cool that you jump in every now and again to help us out. You're help is GREATLY appreciated.

I do have a question about Cyclone, though. I have 2.2 (legal copy) on my machine, and I would like to use Cyclone as a sample playback tool. However, if I load a .wav file of a kik drum in, assign it to key C2, load a .wav of a snare and assign it to key D2, and then trigger those samples from a midi loop I create, the samples get all choppy. Am I using Cyclone improperly, or is there something else going on? Thanks for the help.

Message 9/12             20-Feb-03  @  04:00 AM   -   RE: cyclone

psylichon

conscience, does increasing the buffer size help at all?

Message 10/12             20-Feb-03  @  11:45 PM   -   RE: cyclone

psylichon

Oh, it's so close! Cyclone would be killer with a few enhancements.

I'd like to be able to trigger the same pad polyphonically, and velocity volume scaling is absolutely required to regroove loops. A filter would be nice, even if it's only globally.

Just do what Dr.Rex in Reason does, but do it better and with multiple outs and you have a killer built-in-app.

psy

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)