aaa eight outputs - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: eight outputs

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13             17-Mar-03  @  03:31 PM   -   number of outputs?

Stuff

Link?:  Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Just a quick little question about h/w.

I have plans to buy the Multi Interface Board for 8 outputs to the Akai S2000 (tired of crappy mixes only with the main stereo out).

And I guess that the outputs on the expansion board are in mono (but I'm not sure).
If so.. Is there a way to send stereo samples through them. So that the 8 mono outputs becomes 4 stereo outputs or something like that?

'caus i've hard to believe that there are eight stereo outputs on this expansion board (it would be just to good to be true).

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             17-Mar-03  @  06:57 PM   -   RE: eight outputs

influx

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

8 mono outs, 4 stereo pairs. When you assign a program to the outs, if you pan it hard left or right it becomes mono in that pair...

if you leave it panned center then its stereo (if its truly stereo, that is )

Message 3/13             17-Mar-03  @  09:24 PM   -   RE: eight outputs

Pongoid

S2000 are just mono outs. Sorry, dude.

Ape

Message 4/13             18-Mar-03  @  11:49 AM   -   RE: eight outputs

k

Link?:  No link

yeah?... but if so, cant you switch out sounds from the main L/R stereo mix & route them to the mono outs (such as drums) and leave stereo sounds on the master L/R out in stereo? (never used one)

Message 5/13             18-Mar-03  @  12:43 PM   -   RE: eight outputs

psylichon

yes, there are seperate software mixers for the stereo outs and the mono outs. Does the 2000 even handle stereo samples at all?

Message 6/13             18-Mar-03  @  01:06 PM   -   RE: eight outputs

dub-munkey

yes the s2k does handle stereo samples- and as said you can still use the main mix outs as a stereo pair- or even as two extra mono's-

cool bit of gear, worked out how to high-pass on it yet?

greg

Message 7/13             18-Mar-03  @  02:47 PM   -   RE: eight outputs

Stuff

Link?:  Link

Akai S2000 needs the IB-304F ProFilter DSP card to get highpass etc.
It's a nice low budget sampler from scratch but with powerful expansion options. When fully upgraded It can do all the things like the 3000XL etc can do (it's from the same time period as S2000). But the s2k has limits such as 32 voice polyphony and a tiny 2x16 LCD-screen.

Message 8/13             18-Mar-03  @  03:32 PM   -   RE: eight outputs

dubmunkey

ahh but theres a trick for the more borassic like me who don't own the second filter board-

basically make an exact copy of your loop or sample and invert that (i use SF for that)- put the original and the inverted copy on the same keygroup (so they trigger at exactly the same time)- you should hear nothing when you press a key as they are cancelling each other out....

put the filter cutoff of the first all the way up and on the second all the way down ( to -50)- you should hear the sample now, you can now use the mod wheel to control the cutoff to get a pseudo high pass effect- works quite well

Greg

Message 9/13             19-Mar-03  @  02:49 PM   -   RE: eight outputs

99devils

Sell it and get yourself a secondhand S5000. Trust me, it's worth it. I bought an S6000 studio a year and a half ago and now I have no need for any other hardware sampler. EVER.

-Craig

Message 10/13             20-Mar-03  @  11:14 AM   -   RE: eight outputs

dub-munkey

ditto that- a s5k will be my next sampler purchase (and probably my last)that thing looks sublime-

greg

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)