aaa rob papen/linplug - Albino - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: rob papen/linplug - Albino

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/26             16-Apr-03  @  10:01 PM   -   rob papen/linplug - Albino

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

what d'ya think? - ne1 use it?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/26             20-Apr-03  @  01:00 PM   -   RE: rob papen/linplug - Albino

xoxos

Link?: Link

i dunno, k.. the free alpha seemed to alias rather badly and have a serious lack of features. maybe because of the aliasing, i remember the oscillators as being kind of cardboardy. i hear cronox is good tho :p

Message 3/26             21-Apr-03  @  02:11 AM   -   RE: rob papen/linplug - Albino

Stefan

Solid sounding softsynth, good presets from Rob Papen, easy programming.
But somehow the sounds don't "shine"...

Message 4/26             21-Apr-03  @  09:31 AM   -   RE: rob papen/linplug - Albino

k

mebbe it needs fx adding?.... I didnt check if it add's fx or wether sounds are dry.

Message 5/26             21-Apr-03  @  07:14 PM   -   RE: rob papen/linplug - Albino

Stefan

Without FX it sounds rather dry ;-)

But good sounding though. My personal taste is very sound orientated, therefor I miss a little brilliance in the higher frequencies.
though that doesn't mean that Albino is an excellent tool for daily sounds that easyly fit into a mix.

Message 6/26             22-Apr-03  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: rob papen/linplug - Albino

bastiaan

Link?:  Link

Rob used some input from a dutch synth board (synthforum.nl) for this softsynth...in return many patches bear the names of the users of that board...in on of the add-ons there's supposed to be a 'bazziman' patchs...never heard it though.

Message 7/26             30-Apr-03  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: rob papen/linplug - Albino

k

I got it, and it rocks! - there is a couple of small issues - at the moment current versions doesn't respond to patch changes from your master keyboard so you have to use the mouse to step thru the presets

I'll checkout wether your 'bassiman' patch is in there!

It's kinda different to other s/w synths, the presets are more like a rompler sometimes... some of them even sound like yamaha sounds, but smoother sound cos it's VA... sorta like a cross between a top-end e-mu & a kurzwiel synth - something like that

a very nice 'big' synth for your armoury. - full review soon!

oh, the box could be better - it's a tad flimsy and arrived in it's postage packet, squashed flat!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/26             24-Jun-03  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: rob papen/linplug - Albino

k

reviews coming this week - almost done... very nice synth now I've had more time to get into it.

Message 9/26             07-Jul-03  @  04:17 AM   -   RE: rob papen/linplug - Albino

mcc>

been enjoying the demo myself.

Message 10/26             07-Jul-03  @  11:57 AM   -   RE: rob papen/linplug - Albino

k

that ECS for controller assigning works real nice eh?... i think it might be cool to have an option to view the assigned controller tho.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)