aaa Sonar 3 Screen Shots - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Sonar 3 Screen Shots

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/17             18-Aug-03  @  08:59 PM   -   Sonar 3 Screen Shots

dudley

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Looks pretty cool. Track view looks pretty similar, a little more polished. It looks like you can view some of the bus tracks directly in track view. Console view has changed a bit.

The guy also has a couple new feature rumors that sound pretty cool. Ultrafunk plugins!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             18-Aug-03  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 Screen Shots

dudley

Link?:  No link

Sorry - it cut off my link

http://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=bb92dbb292f0c53c4f65e0ae29f7386b&threadid=96072

Message 3/17             18-Aug-03  @  10:56 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 Screen Shots

psylichon

Link?:  Link

sweetness! can i get some live aux input monitoring without arming a track as well?

Message 4/17             19-Aug-03  @  12:22 AM   -   RE: Sonar 3 Screen Shots

k

is the glitch fixed tho?... does the grid snap properly?.... is there a grid at all in fact on the arrangepage !

please yes I hope!

Message 5/17             19-Aug-03  @  01:25 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 Screen Shots

k

I wonder if they'll send us a copy - we didnt review Sonar2.... well, I used it alot, bt the Loop-play glitching & lack of grid & proper snap for slip editing made it impractical.... My old mum always said... "If you dont have anything good to say then.... "

I didnt see the point in making a review which basicaly would say the s/w updates were invalidated by these shortcomings... Not a lot was different about V2 imo, really it seemed like apart from asio use and a few other things, the rest seemed like just a package change of included freebies.... I reckon (hope) they got it down with this version.

It looks pretty good anyways, I just hope the cycle/loop glitch has died & also the slip editing now snaps properly and the arrange-page has a proper work-grid

Message 6/17             19-Aug-03  @  01:28 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 Screen Shots

k

i Notice the guys says as one bullet point:

Edit and all with the audio rolling

so mebbe it's fixed!

so how come he's got these shots?.. beta tester?

Message 7/17             19-Aug-03  @  02:07 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 Screen Shots

99devils

That GUI looks very Ultrafunk-ish. The really nice thing about including those plugs is now you really will be able to do pro mixing with only one package. I've been using the Ultrafunk plugins for like 2 years now and they're the absolute bomb.

I hope there's going to be a reasonable upgrade for those of us who've not upgraded to 2.x...

Message 8/17             19-Aug-03  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 Screen Shots

soundoff

Hey,

I just wanted to let you know that those screen shots are from an old powerpoint presentation and are outdated. The interface has changed for the better since those were generated.

Sorry, I can't talk more about SONAR 3 right now, but I didn't want you to get the wrong idea. We'll have a lot of great things to tell you soon.

Best regards,

Cakewalk

Message 9/17             19-Aug-03  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 Screen Shots

99devils

Please give me a reasonable upgrade Please give me a reasonable upgrade Please give me a reasonable upgrade Please give me a reasonable upgrade Please give me a reasonable upgrade Please give me a reasonable upgrade Please give me a reasonable upgrade

Message 10/17             19-Aug-03  @  05:26 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 Screen Shots

k

WELL i'VE A QUESTION - REGARDING pROJECT5

Why is it, if I setup SONAR2 with Project5 rewired with all 64 rewire outputs, SONAR2 shows 65%-69% on the CPU meter and wont play more than one PROJECT5 basic drumbox with NO fx and nothing at all in SONAR before it bums out & SONAR2 'drops out' - & SONAR wont even start if I then add a waves RCL on the mixer for the PROJECT5 drumbox kik-drum- that means it's failing with just one drumbox playing two drum sounds (kik & hat) and one RCL in SONAR2 on the kik!!!

If I then open REASON, rewired with 64 channels & a FULL rack of gear playing a full-on song it shows 16-17% cpu on SONAR2 and plays happily leaving me PLENTY of headroom to add fx and use SONAR on top of Reason

um..... surely Project5 as it's your baby should be at least AS efficient innit in SONAR2 ?

this means I cannot use Project5 with SONAR2... only Reason - which is plainly ludicrous.

Any clues?

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)