aaa SX2 and Hoontech/STI Audio - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: SX2 and Hoontech/STI Audio

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13             17-Oct-03  @  11:18 PM   -   SX2 and Hoontech/STI Audio

R.A.T.

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Big turds....

Was expecting Cubase SX2 today.... well excited, worked from home....

For a start Arbiter are about the worst distributor in the whole world. They assured me my copy would arrive today, arranged to skive and it didn't turn up. I knew it wouldn't but had to wait in anyway. Bastards.

Aside from that, I surf the STI web site (who have recently been bought out by EMI or someone) and find out that my audio card doesn't work in SX2 anyway. New driver due 'soon'.... yeh right.

Anyway, bag of shite. Needed to moan. Its really put a downer on my new toy joy.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             20-Oct-03  @  09:04 AM     Edit: 20-Oct-03  |  09:04 AM   -   RE: SX2 and Hoontech/STI Audio

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Thats STAudio and ESI mate... can't you feckin' read...

Anyways, I been following the forum posts on STAudios website and without tweaks the ESI drivers work with the DSP24 (functionality is limited however), but it bodes well if they've got a better driver dev. team than STAudio..

Have faith mate..  

Message 3/13             20-Oct-03  @  10:49 AM     Edit: 20-Oct-03  |  10:53 AM   -   RE: SX2 and Hoontech/STI Audio

k

it's all very confusing - EGO-SYS.NET (home of egosys) goes nowhere apart freom a start graphic

ESI which carries SOME of the egosys products doesnt carry the products still being marketted by Tascam with Gigastation packages.

Bloody capitalism!

so you buy Gigastation, and the manual carries an EGOSYS.net address... you go there to get drivers and nothing happens....

but if you put in this whole URL - http://www.egosys.net/eng/egosys.html - (which you might have saved, OR you might find as a direct-link on sites such as *cough* dancetech).... you get the site pages. - They should sort it all out

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/13             20-Oct-03  @  10:55 AM   -   RE: SX2 and Hoontech/STI Audio

k

Ok... so WHY would SX2 NOT work with a card which has excellent ASIO2 drivers (steinbergs own protocol) and works with all other asio/wdm-asio-exploiting sequencers?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/13             20-Oct-03  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: SX2 and Hoontech/STI Audio

dARKSTATe

Can't remember all the details, but the problem has been excaberated by the new Nuendo 2 engine and an issue with the current DSP24 WDM drivers.. the issue being on STAudio/ESI's side..

Message 6/13             20-Oct-03  @  05:23 PM   -   RE: SX2 and Hoontech/STI Audio

R.A.T.

Link?:  No link

Mmmmmm, well all I know is that it sucks hat big time....

Recieved SX 2 today and lo and behold it doesn't work in ASIO.... the sync is right out. Unlistenable.

The MME drivers work OK, must admit it does have a different 'sound' to SX 1, I am impressed. Only problem is with MME or DX there is massive latency.

Come on STAudio/ESI (ha) get those drivers bloody well written and released.

Message 7/13             20-Oct-03  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: SX2 and Hoontech/STI Audio

k

lol - so correct me if i got this wrong - steinberg released a next version of SX that DOESNT work with asio2 drivers from one of the biggest selling card makers?...

they didnt test it with the most popular cards then? *sigh*

Message 8/13             21-Oct-03  @  08:56 AM   -   RE: SX2 and Hoontech/STI Audio

dARKSTATe

Yeah, something like that K...

The thing is, STAudio have come under a LOT of flack regarding the quality of their WDM drivers under WinXP (if their forums are anything to judge by) - the BSOD issue has been a bone of contention for some time... having said that, I and pretty much every other DSP2000 user that I know has had no problems with the little beauties since we got 'em installed..

As STAudio/ESI have admitted that they believe the SX2/Nuendo2 problem to be a "driver" issue, I can't see Steinberg pulling their finger out at all.. perhaps they're (STAudio) original Asio2 driver wasn't quite as stable or conforming to exact specs as we all thought, hence when Charlie Steinborg and pals go and do something different, it all goes titzup..

Message 9/13             21-Oct-03  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: SX2 and Hoontech/STI Audio

k

yeah, they are fine for me too (XP PRO)

Message 10/13             19-Nov-03  @  04:17 PM   -   RE: SX2 and Hoontech/STI Audio

dARKSTATe

STAudio have posted BETA drivers (not based on the ESI EWDM driver set yet) that they claim to allow owners of STAudio DSP24/DSP24VE based products to work in Asio2 mode with Cubase SX2/Nuendo 2..

Pop along to their website and check 'em out..

The "official" ESI based EWDM drivers are apparently still on course for an official public beta release "before xmas"

Marc_D

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)