aaa Old sayings, add yours - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Old sayings, add yours

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/17             18-Dec-09  @  05:46 AM   -   Old sayings, add yours

sitar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

sticks and stones may break my bones but guinness will never hurt me

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             28-Dec-09  @  03:22 PM   -   RE: Old sayings, add yours

Maarten

Get a fckn smapler! Too easy?

Message 3/17             29-Dec-09  @  03:42 AM   -   RE: Old sayings, add yours

sitar

that does take the cake. who coined *smapler* here on dt? in the states we have boxes of candies
which can now be called Whitman's Smaplers.

Message 4/17             01-Jan-10  @  02:35 AM   -   RE: Old sayings, add yours

Bedwyr

Maart?

Where have you been!?

Message 5/17             05-Jan-10  @  02:17 PM   -   RE: Old sayings, add yours

Jock

Call me a thick drunken twat, but I never got the Smapler joke. Is it funny because its simply Sampler with the A and the M round the wrong way ? Or was there something on the forum that I missed all those years ago ?

Message 6/17             06-Jan-10  @  02:56 AM   -   RE: Old sayings, add yours

sitar

Jock wrote:

Call me a thick drunken twat, but I never got the Smapler joke.
Is it funny because its simply Sampler with the A and the M round the wrong way ? Or was there
something on the forum that I missed all those years ago ?

I think it was a typo from a regular or not so regular poster at the end of the 1990s asking a question.
kind of like the common typo "teh". we picked up on it here and samplers became smaplers. i guess
it rang a bell.

Message 7/17             06-Jan-10  @  11:36 AM   -   RE: Old sayings, add yours

Jock

Thanks for clearing that up Sitar. Thats what I thought it was. But was scared it was an in joke that I'd been excluded from, so refrained for joining in with the hilarity !

Message 8/17             07-Jan-10  @  04:15 AM   -   RE: Old sayings, add yours

sitar

Another thing that happened at DT was a lot of visiting posters asked 'what's the best synth for
trance?' That turned into people asking things like 'what's the best underwear for trance?" and
"what's the be dishwasher for trance?' brilliant stuff. There was a guy who went by the name of
"Nobody" who use do to post here. We actually met and hung out a couple of times. Great guy.
Some of his posts used to crack me up. I think his main thing was photography but he was also into
music. Pongoid was another guy I actually met twice, both times when he performed in NYC. He
was brutally critical with some people here but a great guy in person. Then there was
Marc_Darkstate. Super guy. I hung out with him, his beautiful wife, and some of their friends when
they came to NYC a couple of times. The first time one of his friends was a young guy. I took them to
a bar called "The Playwright". This young guy didn't seem to want to give me the time of day maybe
becuase I'm older than most who are into electronic dance music. I went to the jukebox with another
one of Marc's friend and we chose some tunes. When Diesel Power by Prodigy played the young
guy said to his friend, "Good choice". His friend told him I picked it out. The young buy looked
surprised and after that he started talking to me. Marc puts out great tracks. I can't tell you how
privileged I felt one night when we had dinner at one of NYC's best steak houses called "Ben
Bensons". Marc handed me a set of headphones so I could listen to his soon to be released CD.
Was awesome. So many great people have posted at DT.

Message 9/17             08-Jan-10  @  10:03 AM   -   RE: Old sayings, add yours

Jock

heh heh, I remember all the lame trance questions.

Its been about 12 years since I've been posting (on and off) on here. Blimey, where does the time go ?

LOL I remember some of Pongoids posts.

Message 10/17             08-Jan-10  @  09:56 PM   -   RE: Old sayings, add yours

sitar

yeah pongoid's posts were pretty harsh but in person he was almost the opposite. super nice guy.

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)