aaa what new features for dancetech ???... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: what new features for dancetech ???...

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/34             25-Mar-98  @  09:47 PM   -   what new features for dancetech ???...

kilo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

well, the sampler section is gonna get updated, so each sampler manufacturer has it's own section, with a dedicated chat room....... and I'm gonna add RA audio files to the fx section to demo fx so people can hear them........ but... what would you like to see....... er..... and forget the..."downloadable cracks& warez" idea....... ideas ??

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/34             26-Mar-98  @  12:35 AM   -   RE: what new features for dancetech ???...

mylazone

Pro- Tips on sequencing!!!!!!!!

Message 3/34             26-Mar-98  @  09:51 AM   -   RE: what new features for dancetech ???...

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Maybe sound design tips, so people can check it before coming to chat asking "What synth does Josh Wink use, I MUST have it!"

Message 4/34             26-Mar-98  @  11:10 AM   -   RE: what new features for dancetech ???...

mike

What about a search facility for the chat room - there's loads of good info there and it would be great to search for keywords that have been discussed.

Message 5/34             26-Mar-98  @  11:14 AM   -   RE: what new features for dancetech ???...

Avene

Link?:  Link

I'd love to see interviews with big name Dance Producers. Surely you could track down a few on the net. It would be extra recognition for them, and you could interview them in a chatroom, and then write it all down perhaps.

Message 6/34             26-Mar-98  @  12:47 PM   -   RE: what new features for dancetech ???...

fergm

I may be speaking too soon here, but I haven't yet found a section reviewing individual DAT machines and component CD burners, like that Philips unit. Did I miss that section? It would certainly be useful to me to be able to compare quality.
Ferg

Message 7/34             26-Mar-98  @  02:31 PM   -   RE: what new features for dancetech ???...

kilo

brillinat ideas guys.... especially like the chat search thing.... (er... but of course it does mean i have to retian akll the chat database archives on ther server.......

also like the dat comparison too..... even a list of models prices and basic specs would be good huh .......

as far as artist/producers interviews goes, i can and will be out to get some interviews when i stop working at the offices up here in a few days time..... so i'll strat to try to get some in about a months time......

sequencing tips..... yup good plan too........ all good....

but no sponsorship here...... so i gotta eat and pay for the kid too remeber !!!!.......

Message 8/34             26-Mar-98  @  06:36 PM   -   RE: what new features for dancetech ???...

kid303

How about some stuff on hard disk recording? Ie,is a dedicated machine better than a card? What format is best? Minidisk or zip drive?

Message 9/34             26-Mar-98  @  06:41 PM   -   RE: what new features for dancetech ???...

Breakfuck

Oh, what about a section about audio-only sequencers aka trackers. Fast Tracker 2 & Co kick the hell out of my Cubase (5 tracks) AND that dumb Making Waves program (hahaha that program must be out of the 'my first program' box).

Message 10/34             26-Mar-98  @  07:00 PM   -   RE: what new features for dancetech ???...

fergm

Kid303 beat me to my next posting. I'm very interested in buying a digital multitrack recorder like the Fostex DMT-8 or the Korg D8, but I'd like to know if I'll get more versatility from that Yamaha setup you just posted about.
I'm a big fan of dedicated machinery and hardware but I don't want to waste a ton of cash buying something I don't need. A section discussing the pros and cons of these machines woulf be a great help to me.
Ferg
PS This is about the best website I've seen.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)