aaa Hoonetch Value - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Hoonetch Value

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 28-Aug-03  @  11:36 AM   -   Hoonetch Value

Dingostema

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Got a Hoonie DSP Value a couple of months ago and all seemed great. First time of being able to play realtime was nice. But now, both my production partner and I (we both bought the cards) have noticed a few more pops and clicks than we were ever getting with our SBlive Plat cards. Also, we seem to be able to use less plugins now than before, before we get ASIO overloads, even when we make buffer changes. FYI we both did a clean XP install before adding the cards. Anyone else with this card seen this?

Dingo

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/12             29-Aug-03  @  06:19 PM   -   RE: Hoonetch Value

k

Link?:  No link

that's not much power mate, but i've no idea what you're running on that

if before you had SBLive running MME drivers then they are

1. windows core drivers

2. huge latency of 750ms so dropouts are rare on big mixes

Go to asio at 5ms latency and that's a whole different ballgame for the same size of stress on the pc which the SBLive would run fine.

As I said, the difference between my 2ghz and the guys 2400 is alot, but an older 1700 athlon with less than 512 of slower ram would have problems running big mixes for sure unless buffers are well up high.

Message 12/12             31-Aug-03  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: Hoonetch Value

Dingostema

Link?:  Link

Well, I guess an upgrade is on the cards. Just need a couple of hunfded squids and then I'll do it.

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)