aaa Turtle Beach sound cards...anyone using them? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Turtle Beach sound cards...anyone using them?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 09-Nov-98  @  12:23 AM   -   Turtle Beach sound cards...anyone using them?

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I was just looking at Turtle beaches sound cards and they are resonably priced for being rated as very good by an independant rater. I was looking at the Malibu and the Montego, they were 99 bucks each. I'm looking for a better card because I want to get a CD-R and I have a junk card now. I want to be able to record music mainly with the CD-R, anybody have any suggestions or comments on these cards?

Thanks,
Bill

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             25-Nov-98  @  04:52 PM   -   RE: Turtle Beach sound cards...anyone using them?

Melbong

I heard from a COMDEX report that Turtle Beach was going to release a version II Montego in December. Supposedly a beefed up digital I/O to be included. Tbeach is selling factory refurbished Pinnacles for $250 with warrantees on their site.

Message 12/14             26-Nov-98  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: Turtle Beach sound cards...anyone using them?

wat

Dell sells a Montego II right now.

Message 13/14             01-Dec-98  @  09:35 AM   -   RE: Turtle Beach sound cards...anyone using them?

I have a Montego and I am impressed in terms of cost/performance. It especially has very low noise and for hd recording it is therefore great. Forget about wave table synthesis though- it is crappy, like all other combination sound cards I've seen or heard. If you want good wts sounds get a Sound canvas (virtual or stand alone or even the old SCC1)
I have owned the AWE-32, AWE-64, tested the AWE-64 gold and Live, and my opinion is still that Sound Blaster is for gamers or for those musicians who only want to mess around.

Brad

Message 14/14             04-Dec-98  @  06:10 AM   -   Turtle Beach: thanx, NEVER again

baris.eren

I own a Turtle Beach Tropez (and for the playback quality it's really not bad) BUT I'm realizing now how BAD the drivers support of Turtle Beach is (e.g. they don't have any Windows NT drivers for the Tropez card). But maybe they have changed their policy now (for their newer products, what I don't think). So if you want to be forced by Turtle Beach which Operation System to use, you can get a Turtle Beach product. A good alternative would be maybe ST 128 DDMA Gold SoundTrack ( http://www.hoontech.com/sndcard2.htm) and be sure that I'm only a poor *** ; ) *** student and not anyone from Hoontech. Greetings, Baris.

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)