aaa Decent PC amp simulator - Guitars & amps forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Guitars & amps

Subject: Decent PC amp simulator

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 11-Jun-01  @  06:52 AM   -   Decent PC amp simulator

shado

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

PC guitar amp software is very limited at the moment and it would seem the only choices are, Cake fx2, Revalver and Dsound stompin fx. I've tried Revalver and can't believe how bad it sounds considering how inviting the grafix look. Cake fx2 is quite a good simulator but doesn't have enough gain. The best stred type sound I've pulled is using Dsound distortion as an insert in VST then Cake fx2 British Crunch inserted after with a touch of chorus, reverb and Karlette from the sends. Still not up to Amp Farm on the mac unfortunately. Just wondering what you think and if there is any good stuff comming out Cya Dale

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/15             16-Jun-01  @  06:37 PM   -   RE: Decent PC amp simulator

wererich

Link?:  No link

Gentlemen, it cannot be done.

You can recreate a Prophet 5 as a VSTi and even a B3 but no one is ever going to duplicate the sound of my Deluxe Reverb. It's all about the air and the cone and the tubes...I have the Sans Amp and it's nice but it's about 65% of the way there...it's like a good photograph of a banana. It's crystal clear but you can't eat.

Message 12/15             17-Jun-01  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: Decent PC amp simulator

k

Link?: Link

true, ansd that's why if i'm doing guyitars where i need real sound of driven cabs etc then i take an adat into a rehearsal studio & record it there along with a stereo mix of the track bounced to the adat. Tehn, take that recording of takes home and bounce them back to the pc

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 13/15             22-Jun-01  @  02:45 AM   -   RE: Decent PC amp simulator

pali

Yeah software just can't recreate all the 'random' nature of just how hard you fret that note and how hard you pluck that string coupled with just how much value distortion you have. Sweet.

Q: If you've got 5 keyboard players playing the same music on the same keyboard what do they sound like?

A: All the same

Q: if you've got 5 different guitarists?

A: 5 different guitarists.

Nobody can get as funky as a guitar with technology, possibly the closest was Giorgio Moroder in my humble opinion.

Cheers

Pali

Btw I thought this forum was dead! Never...

Message 14/15             28-Jun-01  @  04:53 PM   -   RE: Decent PC amp simulator

k

Link?: Link

heh heh - seen this one?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 15/15             29-Jun-01  @  02:15 AM   -   RE: Decent PC amp simulator

pict

Boggin'

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)