aaa pci-324 in a7v8x or ga-7vaxp - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: pci-324 in a7v8x or ga-7vaxp

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 12-Aug-03  @  08:41 PM   -   pci-324 in a7v8x or ga-7vaxp

r33tr0n

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

i'm having dire times trying to successfully get my pci 324 to work in, at first, my gigabyte ga-7vaxp board, and now my asus a7v8x! same problem, error code 10: device cannot start. the card works in my old k7s5a. can anyone help me? any suggestions?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/15             15-Aug-03  @  02:03 AM   -   RE: pci-324 in a7v8x or ga-7vaxp

k

heh..... quicker than fitting a new Mobo or buying a new soundcard tho.... MOTU should stick to mac's I reckon  

Message 12/15             15-Aug-03  @  01:42 PM   -   RE: pci-324 in a7v8x or ga-7vaxp

99devils

Link?: Link

They should just test their stuff on PCs, other than the "reference" Intel implementation. They've become lazy because they only had to deal with Macs for so long  

Works fine on my ECS motherboard though.

Message 13/15             16-Aug-03  @  06:16 AM   -   RE: pci-324 in a7v8x or ga-7vaxp

psylichon

Yeah mine too... guess i'll have to keep buying k7s5a's  

Message 14/15             18-Aug-03  @  05:38 PM   -   RE: pci-324 in a7v8x or ga-7vaxp

99devils

I actually bought my MOTU because I had a K7s5a and I knew yours was working. Otherwise I would've never bought that interface.

I may have to switch back to Intel in the future  

Message 15/15             18-Aug-03  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: pci-324 in a7v8x or ga-7vaxp

r33tr0n

Wow. This method involving WPCREDIT seems to have cured what ailed me. Strangest bloody thing. After changing the hex value, i opened the cuemix console and refreshed, everything worked. (this was on the a7v8x).
On the ga-7vaxp, however, this worked only to a point: the system would only then let me record in stereo (the mono option was gone entirely (??)), and the motu console no longer had the MME option. system stability was worse than with eh a7v8x, but in essence, did in fact "work".
great, thanks guys for the wonderous information!

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)