aaa Crackling on AWE64 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Crackling on AWE64

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 12-Apr-98  @  08:23 PM   -   Crackling on AWE64

buggo

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Whenever I record digital audio to my AWE64, the recording has crackles and pops. This isn't due to overload (it even does it at low volumes) and it happens on both the MIC IN and LINE IN ports. The weird thing is when I monitor it through the soundcard as it records, it sounds fine. I am inclined to think then, that the problem is in the ADC (analog-digital converter...correct acronym?) Any suggestions?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/17             23-May-98  @  06:06 AM   -   RE: Crackling on AWE64

buggo

i think you are talking about crackling on playback...the crackles i'm talking about don't show up when i monitor through the soundcard but show up in the recording. I know the audio just goes thru the audio mixer and not thru the ADC and DAC before being output to the speakers, so i am assuming the problem is with the ADC (just fine when monitoring; regular playback of other people's recording is fine.) Therefore it pretty much has to be the ADC...am i right? if so, what can i do, short of buying a new card? I spent like $100 on this card a while ago before i ever really got into music; just thought it might be nice, and never really heard any reviews. ($100 is a lot for me; i'm 15 and my job sucks shit!) Any suggestions? Short of pulling a ted kaczynzki on Creative Labs inc? thanks

Message 12/17             23-May-98  @  12:42 PM   -   RE: Crackling on AWE64

kilo

it'll be the video card mate... what is it ?........ check the VGA text

www.dancetech.com/vgakills.txt

check it out... and try the test.......
it can be fixed with certain cards.....

Message 13/17             23-May-98  @  10:20 PM   -   RE: Crackling on AWE64

penguin boy

shit yes kilo! thanks a lot for the link!

my card still isn't primo, but at least the crackling is WAY less often and at a low enough frequency that it doesn't show up in my mixes.

i'm pleased...he he he...

Message 14/17             24-May-98  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: Crackling on AWE64

kilo

maybe get an old secondhand Matrox Millenium then... cos that CAN be fixed with a system line inclusion.....

Message 15/17             24-May-98  @  05:59 PM   -   RE: Crackling on AWE64

kilo

maybe get an old secondhand Matrox Millenium then... cos that CAN be fixed with a system line inclusion.....

Message 16/17             29-May-98  @  11:13 AM   -   RE: Crackling on AWE64

Make sure the full duplex option is switched off when you play back audio on an awe 64. There is a section about this on the Cakewalk website in 'support', as well as some other good tips about the card. I've had no trouble since then...

Message 17/17             29-May-98  @  11:14 AM   -   RE: Crackling on AWE64

borr

Make sure the full duplex option is switched off when you play back audio on an awe 64. There is a section about this on the Cakewalk website in 'support', as well as some other good tips about the card. I've had no trouble since then...

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)