aaa What is the best soundcard - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: What is the best soundcard

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 08-Sep-98  @  04:07 PM   -   What is the best soundcard

0373222824-0001

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Wich soundcard compares to the Yamaha SW1000xg.
The SW1000xg has so many effects (Reverb,Chorus,Variation,Insertion 1&2)
and also it has 20 MB SampleRom.
Which Soundcard can do the same like the SW1000xg.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/17             12-Oct-98  @  01:51 PM   -   RE: What is the best soundcard

Mixtreeme is what you want.
over

Message 12/17             13-Oct-98  @  09:39 AM   -   RE: What is the best soundcard

Rafaell

Best soundcard?
It must be E-MU APS. It gives you posibility of storing your own samples in a sondfont, lots of effects which you cand edit by adjusting parameters, harddiskrecording analog/digital inputs... I won't go on about it much more. Check it out for yourself. Read about it on www.emu.com. It looks superb.

Rafael

Message 13/17             14-Oct-98  @  02:10 AM   -   RE: What is the best soundcard

iamar

where can i find information about mixtreeme

Message 14/17             19-Oct-98  @  09:43 AM   -   RE: What is the best soundcard

galleyslave

www.soundscape-digital.com is the place that makes the mixtreme card I believe.

It whoomps ass.

Message 15/17             19-Oct-98  @  11:46 AM   -   RE: What is the best soundcard

floatpoint

The soundblaster Live!
With no doubts whatsoever......

Message 16/17             16-Nov-98  @  11:47 PM   -   RE: What is the best soundcard

todds

The APS from E-mu is far better for the price than the competition. With yammy you would have to buy the sw1000xg AND their sample card to compare to APS. The effects are AWESOME and for the $700 retail it will give you more bang for the buck than any other card on the market.

Message 17/17             04-Dec-98  @  06:47 AM   -   NOT turtle beach tropez, this is not a joke

baris.eren

I own a Turtle Beach Tropez (and for the playback quality it's really not bad) BUT I'm realizing now how BAD the drivers support of Turtle Beach is (e.g. they don't have any Windows NT drivers for the Tropez card). But maybe they have changed their policy now (for their newer products, what I don't think).

So if you want to be forced by Turtle Beach which Operation System to use, you can get a Turtle Beach product ; (

A good alternative would be maybe ST 128 DDMA Gold SoundTrack
( http://www.hoontech.com/sndcard2.htm) if you don't have so much money and want to spend about 200 DM (german marks). In this price class you could compare this card maybe to SB Live! Value. So I would say the poor students solution would be:
ST 128 DDMA Gold SoundTrack OR SB Live! Value (both cost about 200 DM).

btw me and a friend of mine (who also owns a Turtle Beach Tropez) can't find our Turtle Beach Tropez Wavetable Device in Windows95 (this means: at the moment I CAN'T use my wavetable of the Tropez even if I have 8MB RAM on it) which worked sometimes ago and we couldn't find out why? We tried almost everything.

Now something for all (more or less) serious musicians: My experience is "Forget all the soundcards for making music and get a real hardware sampler if you can afford it! If you can't: God SHAVE the musician."

Greetings, Baris aka Erouinn B
(http://www.uni-ulm.de/~s_beren) for those of you who have too much free time ; )

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)