aaa Sonar 3 Screen Shots - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Sonar 3 Screen Shots

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 18-Aug-03  @  08:59 PM   -   Sonar 3 Screen Shots

dudley

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Looks pretty cool. Track view looks pretty similar, a little more polished. It looks like you can view some of the bus tracks directly in track view. Console view has changed a bit.

The guy also has a couple new feature rumors that sound pretty cool. Ultrafunk plugins!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/17             19-Aug-03  @  05:34 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 Screen Shots

k

Link?:  No link

um... do you understand now why we have not published a review of PROJECT5?... I cant review it properly!! - well, i could add some screenshots and say how great it is standalone but what's the point of that? - and that lack of power is on a 2ghz machine which runs HUGE mixes with LOGIC & SX and does professional video film-score & sound-fx work while playing video & tons of VSTi's & FX using LOGIC

SONAR2 ALONE works fine of course apart from my issues with fundamental problems lacking in the programme - like no ability to edit velocity where two or more notes fall on the same beat... this is a HUGE irritation

I do ALOT of score and other work.. I do ALOT of 'pads' work, and when you work on pads/strings etc you are ALWAYS working on chords and the notes all fall on the same beat - BUt, you want to adjust the individual notes within a chord to emphasise some of the notes and de-emphasise others to get just the right timbre for each chord... I might have to fine-tweak the velocity of 32 bars of music containing 6 note pads or string chords

In SONAR this task is a nightmare - I DO hope this is fixed in SONAR3.

I cant understand why you made this possible in drum-map edit but NOT in piano-roll edit - seems potty to me!

Message 12/17             20-Aug-03  @  01:36 AM   -   RE: Sonar 3 Screen Shots

k

Link?: Link

dual_reason_large.jpg

That's the Reason dual screenshot... click the link above to see the large image and check the CPU meter!... That's with a full rack of gear running (see available Reason channels list on SONAR in large image to see what's running - default reason song loadup I think)

----

dual_project5_large.jpg

Here's the same - a dual screenshot with project5 on rewire this time, except there's just a single drumbox in Project5 whereas in Reason it was a full rack of gear - check the large image via the link above for the CPU meter running just ONE Project5 generator!...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 13/17             20-Aug-03  @  01:42 AM   -   RE: Sonar 3 Screen Shots

k

Now... as soon as you play, the meter goes up a bit more and already it's 50%+ as soon as you kick off before adding a single thing!... otherwise, standalone it's great, although I'm not keen on the drag thing to zoom in the edit windows. The overall concept is superb tho with the pattern bin etc.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 14/17             20-Aug-03  @  12:13 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 Screen Shots

§ï†ÅR

jeez. I never looked into project5. that would be frustrating as hell. reminds me of my Logic days.

Cakewalk always have had reasonable upgrades. I hope they do that with Sonar3 as well.

Message 15/17             20-Aug-03  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 Screen Shots

k

well Sitar - do you have reason?... if so, could you get the project5 demo and try it and see what you get rewired - or anyone else - i can't see that it's something odd with my main test PC cos everything else runs fine on it with 'nuff headroom!

Message 16/17             20-Aug-03  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 Screen Shots

§ï†ÅR

I don't have Reason K. Always wondered if Reason would be something I could use.

Message 17/17             24-Aug-03  @  01:59 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 Screen Shots

k

of course - imo, Project5 is superior to Reason because it allows VSTi's & DXi's to be added to the already included excellent sound-generators. So I'd say ORION is more it's competitor.

Anyways tho - it seems a shame that a plenty powerful enuff PC cant run Project5 rewired to SONAR2 and utilise multiple outputs.

If you run P5 rewired with just stereo outs, then efficiency is fine. But ti seems a shame to not take advantage of the multi-out channels to mix it in SONAR's mixer.

Point 2 I've discovered this week is I cant find any way to employ controller moves in SONAR2 to manipulate Project5 sound-generators either  

as BOTH are Cake products, a full listing of controllers for P5 synths SHOULD appear in SONAR2 for selection and immeadiate use.

I spent an hour trying every common CC I could think of in SONAR2 to try to move any of PSYN's parameters/pots - all I could get to work was the common Volume CC7 & PITCH WHEEL controllers.

That HAS to change because other softs hosts show the full CC's even for inserted 3rd party DXi & VSTi synths, made by another company... never mind their own product!!

Mebbe Sonar3 will address this issue. At the least, inserted P5 DXi's should have a click/learn for all pots/slider etc, OR, at the very least a right-click 'show CC number' display would be a start.

I think it's because of the very clever P5 protocol where the actual P5 synth is controlled via a buffer outer-layer where you assign controllers to the controller section of the display (to the left of the actual synths0 and that transmits the CC's to the actual synth - GREAT idea, but without that outer communicating part in P5 it all seems to go pear-shaped.

or have I got it all wrong ? - I cant see any way to control PSYN in SONAR2 anyways - can it be done?... how?

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)